Age profile of this site

RedRalph

Deity
That's what I love about OT, I keep getting older and the posters keep staying younger, yes they do, yes they do...

Is it just me or is this place a lot younger than it used to be? Seems to be many more kids here nowadays...

...there was a new Civ that just came out? Forget about that?

So? what difference does that make? In any case, I think this has been the case for about a year

Increased traffic to the site, especially in the form of high school aged kids with lots of free time :p

I wouldn't assume that Civ5 has lowered the profile anymore than Civ4 did... not sure why the most recent itineration would bring in younger posters... in any case, don't you just hate young people?

...eh? Speak up sunny boy!

Where's my teeth?

I wouldn't assume that Civ5 has lowered the profile anymore than Civ4 did... not sure why the most recent itineration would bring in younger posters... in any case, don't you just hate young people?

It's not that it would bring in posters younger than before. It's that the Civ series tends to attract people of a certain age group. These people stay and grow older. New game comes out, people of the targeted age group join. Voila, more young people.

I'm 32 came here with Civ III been playing since Civ I.

I don't know if you had bothered with the new game or anything, but ciV is pretty much a game suited for new gamers that have never even played a Civ game; moreover, the fact that some of them were brought in from the moderate success of Civ Revolution (which happen to be a game for younger folks that play mostly console games).

I'd say 'yes', OT is getting younger. When I joined, I was one of the youngest people here. Now there seem to be plenty of people 16 or under. I put it down to more forum games now. Not necessarily a bad thing; non-adults are just an OT demographic growing faster than adults.

You know you're getting old when attractive 18 year old women come across as annoying.

You know you're getting old when attractive 18 year old women come across as annoying.

Speak for yourself dude. Nothing wrong with an attractive 18 year old chick, if annoying or not.

Nothing wrong with young people on the forum, so long as they post with at least a modicum of intelligence.

Take youngling Cull over there. The ideal of young posters! :goodjob:

Nothing wrong with young people on the forum, so long as they post with at least a modicum of intelligence.
Well that been said. I sure won't know which person has any shred of intelligence since I am too dumb to know my own wisdom.

Take youngling Cull over there. The ideal of young posters! :goodjob:

don't know him

...Sunny, when I was your age, we didn't have Blue Ray!

Speak for yourself dude. Nothing wrong with an attractive 18 year old chick, if annoying or not.

I'm 32 at universoty surrounded by lotsa 18-20 year old women and I have a long term GF. Felt old at the exam today LOL.

I'm 32 at universoty surrounded by lotsa 18-20 year old women and I have a long term GF. Felt old at the exam today LOL.

Forgiven. I am a year older than you. Cool to see people in our age going to school.

Top Bottom