Age profile of this site

That's what I love about OT, I keep getting older and the posters keep staying younger, yes they do, yes they do...

Is it just me or is this place a lot younger than it used to be? Seems to be many more kids here nowadays...

I just don't think you noticed in the past. I do think this but then i notice people who join year after year from when I did also think they were part of the golden generation of adult/mature posters. I think it is perhaps just a larger number of the more prominent posters are younger now whereas before there were a lot more adult posters being prolific, just look at the top 50 or so posters and their age but worryingly, in my opinion at least, how many of them still regularly post.

I do love the original quote though!

You can't always tell how old someone is. With some it's obvious, with some it's not, and so many people hide their age that I can only guess how old they are. When I've looked at people's profiles, I've quite often been surprised by their age.

The age profile of this site is, intrinsically speaking, pretty inconsequential.

Yep, definetely the forum got younger. It's natural, even if a bit annoying.

Some day, you and me will sit together, put our differences aside, share a bottle of fine scotch and decry all that is wrong with every generation but ours

I'm 23, been playing civ1 since I was 7. I feel amused about some posters wo turn about to be 13 - 16 and can discuss politics like my dad.

I started posting in the OT before the rush of young people came in.

I feel superior :smug:

I'm 32 came here with Civ III been playing since Civ I.

Which means you got into Civilization when you were 13. My hypothesis is validated! :smug:

Am I too young. I joined when I was 14. Im 18 now.

But aren't you like...16 now?

Yeah, but I said I got here before everyone else my age did. I started posting around the time (if not before) ESB popped in. Just about everyone else my age started posting around half-a-year to a year afterwords.

Why? It's not like the older people are more mature in the discussions. There are plenty of immature and juvenile 30, 40 year olds on the forum.

I started playing Civ (II) when I was 14, and joined when I was 18. I'm 25 now, which is kinda depressing.

I started playing Civ (II) when I was 14, and joined when I was 18. I'm 25 now, which is kinda depressing.

Yes, we should all be doing our last will and testament by that age. :lol:

I joined when I was 14, further validating Bill's "hypothesis"

Top Bottom