1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ages of Empire II: Definitive Edition

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Grandpa Troll, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Grandpa Troll

Grandpa Troll Ronin

2. Grandpa Troll

Grandpa Troll Ronin

I got for Christmas, really enjoyable! Few changes but overall still great game! I am just getting into modding and maps are still great! I love being able to pick data set to add to a normal map or scenario. Like 35 or so different Civs!!

Gramps!

3. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

I've played it a bit. It's really a shining example of a remake done right - they retain the core look and game elements with additions mainly being aesthetic or quality of life updates. It's a great single-player package with numerous campaigns to play through and a good AI. Highly recommended, especially to anyone with fond memories of playing the original Age of Empires 2 releases!

Uberfrog and Grandpa Troll like this.
  4. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I gave this a spin seeing as it’s on the Microsoft Game Pass and had a great time. At first I was a little sceptical — didn’t we already have a remastered addition a few years ago? But the little tweaks have improved the game for me.

I hadn’t been keeping up with the new expansions, so I’m not sure what was added when, but I’ve had great fun with the new campaigns and the Art of War advanced tutorial is a really good way to get back into the game.

As a complete package, the number of campaigns, civs, etc is mind-blowing.

5. mitsho

mitsho Deity

I‘ve watched a few youtube videos on it. It would hit my nostalgic core heavily, I just need one more day in the week I guess.