Ages of Empire II: Definitive Edition

I got for Christmas, really enjoyable! Few changes but overall still great game! I am just getting into modding and maps are still great! I love being able to pick data set to add to a normal map or scenario. Like 35 or so different Civs!!

Gramps!

I've played it a bit. It's really a shining example of a remake done right - they retain the core look and game elements with additions mainly being aesthetic or quality of life updates. It's a great single-player package with numerous campaigns to play through and a good AI. Highly recommended, especially to anyone with fond memories of playing the original Age of Empires 2 releases!

I gave this a spin seeing as it’s on the Microsoft Game Pass and had a great time. At first I was a little sceptical — didn’t we already have a remastered addition a few years ago? But the little tweaks have improved the game for me.

I hadn’t been keeping up with the new expansions, so I’m not sure what was added when, but I’ve had great fun with the new campaigns and the Art of War advanced tutorial is a really good way to get back into the game.

As a complete package, the number of campaigns, civs, etc is mind-blowing.

Have been a huge fan of the series as well. I think that even if it weren't as good as you guys described, I still would have bought it... I'm still waiting for a small price drop though

Have been a huge fan of the series as well. I think that even if it weren't as good as you guys described, I still would have bought it... I'm still waiting for a small price drop though

Its on gamepass. I say this in view of other posts you made referencing game pass :thumbsup:

I’m looking forward to the definitive edition of AoE 3 that’s coming out in a few weeks. It’s not as good as 2, but I remember having a lot of fun with the muskets, ships and cannons.

Top Bottom