Ages of Provolutia, surprise pitboss

Balls. Require complete kills is on.

First time I've played an MP game with that setting. Stuuuuuupid! :(

(p.s. it wasn't Giger that started the game...)
Those would be Christmas Balls of Joy for me ... ;)

Not as stupid as me not anticipating your galleons, though. :sad:

But the stupid award, (or at lest the befuddled award) goes to civstats ... saying I am eliminated while reporting that I am continuing to end turns ... :confused: :crazyeye:

I think civstats did ok in a prior complete kills game when I just had a galley left, so something about the no score must confuse it. This may be it ... without no score, I would have science score to keep me alive in civstats, but no score in place, my science score is 0?

dV

Yep - I'm sure that's it, dV. Your total score is 0 now, which would normally only happen when your last unit is eliminated and your score for techs is taken away as well. With the NoScore mod though you go to 0 as soon as you lose your last city (i.e. the palace) even if you have units left.

I agree with Kaleb that 'require complete kills' is a bit annoying in MP. Even though in this case it is quite helpful. :)

Not as stupid as me not anticipating your galleons, though.
Yeah, I just love nothing more than dropping units on unsuspecting cities from the sea :D

I agree with Kaleb that 'require complete kills' is a bit annoying in MP. Even though in this case it is quite helpful.
Yeah, especially as I left a load of cavalry exposed thinking his units would soon be vapourised but then they weren't :sad:

Balls. Require complete kills is on.

First time I've played an MP game with that setting. Stuuuuuupid! :(

(p.s. it wasn't Giger that started the game...)

Yeah but I made that mistake in another game that I did start so... I've had a taste of that...

But in this game, I had to chase Fosse's last workboat forever....

Are there any plans to pause things over Christmas (or increase the timer)?

Note that I'm going to be out of the country for about 3 weeks starting tues/wed this week and have been trying to arrange a sub. Would anyone object if da_Vinci plays for me while I'm gone? I was allied with classical_hero when dV was subbing for him previously, so he doesn't have any prior knowledge I don't already have that would give him any unfair advantages or anything like that.

Cheers
Munro

Are there any plans to pause things over Christmas (or increase the timer)?

Note that I'm going to be out of the country for about 3 weeks starting tues/wed this week and have been trying to arrange a sub. Would anyone object if da_Vinci plays for me while I'm gone? I was allied with classical_hero when dV was subbing for him previously, so he doesn't have any prior knowledge I don't already have that would give him any unfair advantages or anything like that.

Cheers
Munro

I'm quite fine with dV subbing.... Also I would be quite strongly in favor for a pause for the christmas time... The only fear is of course of losing interest and losing player...

I'm happy with DV subbing.

I'd prefer not to pause over christmas or at least minmal downtime, but I can fully understand people having holidays and the difficulty of finding subs.

I will probably miss some of my turns during the next 2 weeks. So I won't oppose to either an increase of the turn timer or a pause.

How about increasing the turn timer to 48 hours (or maybe 72 hours)... just for the christmas period.... from the 23rd to jan 2nd for example. Only about 10 days. For those not available (I will be part of them) then we won't be missing as many turn.

Ok, thanks guys. I'm off very shortly so dV is going to sub for me from here. I'll be back on 2nd Jan.

Merry Christmas everyone, and see you in all in the New Year! :king:

PS Please don't kill me while I'm gone... you know who you are. :p

Have a nice break! :goodjob:

PS Don't worry, you'll probably still be alive when you return, I just I hope you've said a final farewell to your frontier cities :lol:

I'd like to go with the 48hr timer idea.

I have made my final turn until I return on the 24th (I think).
I didn't actually know if the trip was happening until a few hours ago, so I haven't found a proper sub.
I asked Kaleb to take over for me, seeing how we've worked together over the past 100 turns, and how I'm his loyal meatshield against plako's hordes. Hope no one objects.

:lol: I had to bring this up. Morgan stronly objected when I asked if someone of his allies could take over classical_hero.

As it stands the Pirate forces will probably not even bother to bombard the Piano capital before attacking and taking it.

I would not support any take over by his allies, it's bad enough that it's been kicked to AI, the allies of the Piano empire must accept the consquences.

I'd really prefer someone else than Kaleb taking over. I hate the idea of having him on my both sides. He is just too good. If he is only alternative, then so be it.

How about Kaleb runs both civs, provided that he can only take a turn for one of the civs each game turn ... ? :mischief:

(Or maybe I could sub for Amask too? ;))

Perhaps, based on Morgan's logic, kick to AI and accept the consequences?

(Karma, don't you know ... )

dV

Slighty different situation though, classical quit i believe rather than a short absence. So really that quote is out of context.

Slighty different situation though, classical quit i believe rather than a short absence. So really that quote is out of context.
Let's see ... so a short run of Amask's Civ by Kaleb is not an issue, because it is short, while a long run of Pianoland by Munro, Elkad or Plako was unacceptable because it would have been long? A short run of two civ management by Kaleb at a critical moment can do just as much damage as a long run of double management, seems to me.

Flip side ... A long run of Pianoland as AI would be perfectly fine, but a short run of Amask's Civ as AI should be avoided because ... it is short? :confused: :crazyeye: I don't get it ... ( I suppose Pianoland was not long for the world in any case ... is that it? But then there would not have been a long run of Pianoland by any human ... )

Not that I am picking on my buddy Morgan personally, and not that I am going to throw any fits about what gets done about this. I am just probing the logic for defects. I have to say, I don't think that Morgan, Elkad, or Plako running Piano until its immenent demise would have been much longer a run than Kaleb's running of Amask's will be. So maybe not so different a situation after all? And if not different situations, how is this not a bit of a double standard?

I think the whole point of pitboss is to play against people, not the AI. Now, in some cases, there may be too much coordination advantage to having a particular player controlling a particular two civs. Maybe Giger, or Morgan, are better choices to sub for Amask in this case? If we do go to a 48 hour timer over Xmas, it will be perhaps 3 to 5 turns of subbing at most?

Just looking for the best compromise ...

dV

I don't see the difference.

In principle I agree that allies should be able to play the turns for each other. This is how I supposed we would play this game. However your quoted reaction when I requested to replace CH wasn't something I expected to hear. Rules should be the same for everyone.

All in all I'm not strongly against Kaleb playing Ostrig's turns and it seems he already has done it. He gets a small advantage, but I can live with it (or probabaly die in this case ;)).

In general AI has been messing around a way too much in this game.

Top Bottom