Ages of Provolutia, surprise pitboss

I was trying to ask from Kaleb, if he was gong to end turn soonish since I was heading to bed, but he didn't respond. I didn't do anything game related.

??? what's up with the reload?

EDIT: take that back, Giger just missed his turn and turn rolled...

By the way - I'm actually not going to be able to play any more from here on. So if somehow the religous victory doesn't work (perhaps there's a cheesy exploit somewhere there...) I am officially handing my Empire over to Ostrig/Amask

If a sub is needed I suggest you get one for Ostrig's current civ

And if anyone is wondering why I am quitting on the verge of victory it's because I'd rather be spending time with my 1-day old son :D

And if anyone is wondering why I am quitting on the verge of victory it's because I'd rather be spending time with my 1-day old son :D

Congratulations!

You did also very good job in this game and deserve the victory. I guess you've agreed that Morgan votes for you so that victory is yours.

??? what's up with the reload?

EDIT: take that back, Giger just missed his turn and turn rolled...

By the way - I'm actually not going to be able to play any more from here on. So if somehow the religous victory doesn't work (perhaps there's a cheesy exploit somewhere there...) I am officially handing my Empire over to Ostrig/Amask

If a sub is needed I suggest you get one for Ostrig's current civ

Spending time with a newborn child is the key to civilization, so you have to do it. Will his first word be "pitboss"? ;)

I think the religious won't work because you have enough votes yourself to win alone. (75% of votes is needed, IIRC, and you have almost all of them, don't you?) Total self voting won't work in Religous or Diplo in BTS ... giving away cites and having a reliable partner to vote for you would.

Morgan or Giger might take issue about whether you are on the verge of victory, don't you think? :mischief: A lot will depend on which of you I decide to suicide my forces on ... (the embassy is now open for offers, bribes and enticements :lol:)

dV

ALLLAAAAAH AKBAR!! Everyone must have a beard!

Cheers to my trusty allies for their support and thanks to everyone else for a really enjoyable game!

I've got screenshots of the power graphs which I'll post later.

Congrats Kaleb and allies!

Glad to see a resolution before my (really Munro's) empire suffered any more ... but I expected to see it last turn ... which is what made me think we had the self-voting issue.

Kaleb, didn't you have the lion's share of the votes when we last elected a resident of the AP? Did I miss Morgan's big number then, or did he "get religion" to ramp up his vote totals since last election?

This presumably explains why I can't log into the game? Getting an infinite try ... no timing out, but it says I am connected ...

Or maybe because Kaleb is still online? Was expecting pitboss to reveal the win, but maybe not until Kaleb ends turn and/or logs out?

dV

I'm not logged in anymore, perhaps Giger has taken game down? Which reminds, me: big thanks to Giger for hosting a great game!

In response to your votes question dV: you can't have more than 70% of the winning vote on your own for a religious victory. Thankfully Morgan came to realise that he was an infidel and needed to embrace the 'House of Peace' before I chopped his head off (ie I spent the last 10 turns or so spamming missionaries out to Morgans's lands) and this just tipped him over the 30% mark the turn before the vote (my votes are counted double because it's my state religion).

p.s. I was planning this for a while. that's the main reason why I didn't raze Buffalo - I just wanted to make sure you had a city with Islam in it. Everyone else did except for Elkad and I figured he could be wiped off the map.

I'm not logged in anymore, perhaps Giger has taken game down? Which reminds, me: big thanks to Giger for hosting a great game!

In response to your votes question dV: you can't have more than 70% of the winning vote on your own for a religious victory. Thankfully Morgan came to realise that he was an infidel and needed to embrace the 'House of Peace' before I chopped his head off (ie I spent the last 10 turns or so spamming missionaries out to Morgans's lands) and this just tipped him over the 30% mark the turn before the vote (my votes are counted double because it's my state religion).

p.s. I was planning this for a while. that's the main reason why I didn't raze Buffalo - I just wanted to make sure you had a city with Islam in it. Everyone else did except for Elkad and I figured he could be wiped off the map.
Interesting, pitboss still says you are logged in, and the game acts (in pitboss) as if paused ... :confused: :crazyeye:

So Kaleb, did you play Morgan for a unwitting stooge in this (getting religion, removing Elkad), or did he give informed consent? :mischief:

dV

Congratulations Kaleb, and thanks for another great host Giger.

Congratulations Kaleb! You played this one extremely well the whole way through. Always seemed to be one step ahead despite being surrounded by hostile neighbours on all three sides.

I think that beelining to Optics for tech trading with the other hemisphere, and then your early, successful sneak attack against Classical Hero were probably both very decisive early on.

Congratulations as well on the new arrival!

Thanks to everyone else for a fun game, and especially to Giger for hosting, and to dV for taking over for me after RL caught up with me... :sad:

Hope to playing with you all again sometime soon when things calm down a bit for me as well (i.e. we find somewhere to live and after our own newborn hopefully arrives in July). :eek:

Cheers
Munro

Thanks Giger, well hosted chap.

Usually i'd not have supported a win like that and have joined an anti Kaleb alliance, but as Kaleb has to bow out due to fatherhood it seemed pointless extending the game and chancing my luck. Well played Kaleb, don't expect an easy path to victory next time.

I'm not logged in anymore, perhaps Giger has taken game down?

I have no idea actually... The game might have crashed. I am currently on business travel and unable to connect to my server. The ending of the game is a great timing for me. Didn't have to find a sub...

Congrats on winning the game. First time I see a religious victory...

I think that beelining to Optics for tech trading with the other hemisphere

I think this was definitively the winning factor and a great boost for the Square alliance. Even though I think it was Morgan who first made contact with me. We were able to do tech trade and furthermore it denied it to the other alliance who reached us (me and gero) about 20 turns too late. Without this I think the other alliance would have kept their tech lead and maybe increase it.

Hope to playing with you all again sometime soon when things calm down a bit for me as well (i.e. we find somewhere to live and after our own newborn hopefully arrives in July). :eek:
You think you will have more time AFTER the newborn arrives? Kaleb can probably wake you up from that fantasy about now ... :lol:

dV

I really enjoyed this game - the settings were good and we had a reliable host but it was the other players that really made it interesting :)

When I realised that all 4 neighbouring civs were allied against me I really thought I was doomed. Beeling for Optics and arranging with my 2 (at that time weaker) allies to all build caravels and send them off in the right directions was definitely the deciding factor. With no brokering we all had to make contact around the same time for our pact to work.

I must make a special mention for plako as he really kept me on my toes throughout the game and never gave me an easy ride. I made a few mistakes in the game and sometimes you're lucky and get away with them but plako punished me for every single one.

I should also say thanks to Amask/Ostrig for being so stubborn and refusing to quit - fighting all the way back to defend his capital in what was a monumentous battle (80 units vs 30 or something like that IIRC).

We'll have to get this gang together for another game when civ 5 comes out for sure :)

Top Bottom