aggression the only AI characteristic?

minger

Warlord
Can someone open the hood and help me figure out what types of AI characteristics there actually are? I feel like a bunch of people tend to read into what types of "personalities" different AI leaders have, when I feel like it's almost entirely dependent upon map location, difficultly level, and non-civ-specific factors.

Note that in every interview whenever they talk about how different leaders will behave differently, they always use Ghandi as an example of peaceful and someone like Khan as aggressive. This is about the only trait that I actually see in civ games.

Every Civilization has it's own Personality/Algorithm which helps it to make decisions based on certain situations. Such as how to make up for a bad starting position; or how it will react when you declare war on it's ally.

For instance, if Asoka's borders are being pushed back by your culture. Would he be more inclined to build a Cathedral in that city to fight back with his own culture, or would he declare war? He'd build a Cathedral of course.

If Alexander's borders are being pushed back by your culture. Would he be more inclined to build a Cathedral in that city to fight back with his own culture, or would he declare war? Obviously he'd declare war.

Click here for further speculations on AI behavior.

That is 100% true-I have seen it with my own eyes. Asoka is getting his @$$ whooped by my culture-to the point where Delhi is left with only half the normal number of squares a Capital would have. I also bowed to Monte and even cut trade dealings with Asoka and-guess what?-Asoka STILL hasn't declared war on me :mischief:. However, in a game where I was next to Rome, Caesar declared war on me almost as soon as my culture pushed against the borders of Antium. It really does just go to show! Alexander has also occasionally proven very effective in using a resource advantage to help me defeat barbarians who I might otherwise have had trouble holding off-even though he has the 'Aggressive' trait. So, it just goes to show that even Traits alone will not determine behaviour, and that every AI leader truly has a unique approach to the game.

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Edit your post aussie_lurker. You're not allowed to post anything about the GOTM outside of the spoiler threads.

Oh man, so sorry about that Shillen-had a MAJOR brain fart earlier. Just visualise a guy smacking himself upside of the head for being a major duffous ;)! Which reminds me, I must go and write some stuff in the Spoiler thread, as I have LOTS to say ;)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Top Bottom