"Aging" of threads in Control Panel

scoutsout

Minstrel Boy
When I open up the Control Panel, I see the subscribed threads that have been replied to since my last logon. While this makes sense, these threads seem to "Age" pretty quickly. If I log off and log back on most of these threads will "age" right out of that first control panel view.

Can users control the rate at which these threads "age"?

They'll 'disappear' once you've logged on once, then logged off. It makes sense to me, as it would assume that you have looked at them (otherwise there wouldn't be much point to you logging on)
Users can not control the rate at which threads age ;) I think it's fine as it is :)

@Gainy bo: Do you play SGs?

Not at the moment, but i'll probably be joining some next week :) (when broadband is activated, and I have a connection on my good computer)

Gainy in an SG? Cool!

It is a pain in the neck when the subscribed threads sometimes age fast... when I was using a dial-up in the winter, it sometimes cut off and all the threads would have disappeared... I would have to look by the posting time whichones had new posts...:ack:

Broadband rocks! :D

The reason I asked about SGs... once or twice I've been up in more than one SG, posted a "got it" in the morning, and then by the evening I play an SG and forget about another... I was hoping there was a way I could age my SG threads a little more slowly.

scoutsout said:
The reason I asked about SGs... once or twice I've been up in more than one SG, posted a "got it" in the morning, and then by the evening I play an SG and forget about another... I was hoping there was a way I could age my SG threads a little more slowly.

You can always use the drop-down menu to show threads from the past few days.

Archer 007 said:
You can always use the drop-down menu to show threads from the past few days.
Yep. As well as every spoiler thread I've posted to, every Game of the Fortnight speculation thread I've posted to, every strategy article, and every newbie question thread I've posted to.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic Archer, I know you're trying to be helpful. I just wish these things would age a little more slowly.... 24 hours would be plenty to keep a SG from dropping below the radar.

Why not make a favorites folder in your browser of all your SGs/threads that you're interested in? That way you can directly load that page, and as you'll have that menu open you'll see the ones you want to see.

Assuming you get the thread notification emails, it has the 'newpost' link it that email. You can copy/paste that into the links address and always get the newest post, or last post if there have been no new ones since you logged in last.

Top Bottom