1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ah, i'm just ranting...bored at work.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by dante alighieri, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Dominico

Dominico Prince

worlds greatest empires. United states vs england??

Explain that one please :D

2. Dennis_Moore

Dennis_Moore Unholy Roman

Dick!

...was the writer of that novel.;)

3. LemonJello

LemonJello Warlord

Similar situation to this in my current game. I noticed that Ramses (ahead of me in score) was teching in the hundred-turn range. My first thought "He's going for a culture win!" So I start churning out a SoD to send his way, then Bam! Ramses DoW's me and I'm swarmed by destroyers and fighters. He lands a pretty puny SoD of his own and takes one of my main culture cities (for about 1 turn, then my SoD railroads over and retakes the city. That ends the land threat, he does bring a couple more stacks, but I hurl them back into the sea easily as I churn out tanks at the cyclic rate.

His fighters and destroyers are pillaging away, so I have to hurt him, drive for rocketry and start producing SAM infantry and guided missiles to go with my own fighters, bombers and battleships. I think I've blunted his attack, but all my crab, clam and fish are pillaged, along with a lot of my luxury tiles. My workers can't repair as fast as he can destroy. He's got a city on a nearby island; I'm putting together an amphibious landing to give him a taste of steel since he's determined to keep this war going.

The lesson here, as always: 1) I'm an idiot, and b) Don't neglect your navy.

4. Osama Bin Davis

Osama Bin Davis Warlord

You are completely right. But this isn't about working the system the way it is now, its about how the system is illogical atm.

I have no problem when an ally decides to backstab me, but it has to be for a matter of gain, not 'just because'. It should be because they need my copper or need to expand etc etc.

A civ I havent even met before on the otherside of shouldnt me my arch enemy.

The diplomacy is the 2nd system in most need of being remade (spying being the first). It makes no sense, the way it is now is all random.

5. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I don't think it is all random....Bottom line is everybody wants to win (even the AI) so backstabing and hating you just because you are the tech leader, or the one next to them makes perfect sense to me....

Sometimes I admit you get declarations of war from someone in another continent that never sends a single troop...I think this is propably someone bribing them into the war.

6. troytheface

troytheface Deity

Diplomacy should never be counted on if you ask me. However, I like to have open borders so i can gift mercenaries to certain low ranked civs in thier wars.
    Spies and mercenaries coupled with opportunistic Diplomacy is my theory.
    (Prince/Standard/Random Map /Lincoln)

7. Osama Bin Davis

Osama Bin Davis Warlord

I aint disagreeing with you with backstabbing or whatever, thats all apart of diplomacy and adds the spice to the game. There is just alot of declarations of war that make absolute no sense. Just because you don't give someone a tech shouldnt be a reason to declare war.

8. Airefuego

Airefuego King

Great! :)

Was he your vassal?