1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ahmadinejad "wins" Iran presidential election

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Abaddon, Jun 13, 2009.

1. sourboy

sourboy Awakening...

I'm not encouraging it, nor am I predicting it... but with America next door in Iraq, it wouldn't be hard to "encourage" another attempt at revolt... just a thought.

2. zenspiderz

zenspiderz Just some bloke..

Anyone considered that the MKO may responsible for some of the bloodshed? If they plant a bomb in a mosque, the government would be tempted to blame the protestors and crack down on them, if they shoot at some protestors the protestors are likely to blame the government and get still more rebellious. This is perfect opportunity for the MKO to ramp up their terrorism against Iranians..

At the meeting with the gaurdian council where complaints of electoral fraud were to be heard only rezai showed up. mousavi apparently isn't interested in using lawful means to challenge the electoral result.

On other news khameni has said that if those responsible for inciting riot do not return to lawful means of challenging the electoral result then 'I (khameni) will have to talk more openly with the people.' It is clear to me he is refering to outing mousavi and rafsanjanis corruption and explaining to the public that mousavis incitment to riot is just a desperate attempt to avoid being brought to justice for corruption. Actually he can now expect to be tried for incitement to riot too.

3. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

4. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

5. Squonk

Squonk Deity

Oh, so sad. And she was so young and pretty.

6. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

Indeed, if we are to believe some posters in this thread, it is all the same.

I mean, clearly the iranian government is not using censorship anymore than the amerikkkan government. Clearly the amerikkkan police reacted just as violently to the "teabagging protests" (that some people insist on bringin up, as if they are related) as the iranian police did. Clearly Hezbollah and Hamas are not any worse than I$rael and the United $nakes of Amerikkka.

All those dead people showing up in videos and photos in Iran were actually killed by the CIA to make the popular and democratic iranian regime look bad. I mean, where are the sources? The real sources, not biased stuff like CNN and BBC. No, lets see what CounterPunch has to say, they don't fall for the lies of the U$ of Amerikkka.

Everyone knows that the U$A single-handedly deposed the popular, stable and democratic Mossadeq regime, that had delivered unprecedented prosperity to the iranian people, only to have him replaced by the bloodthirsty Shah, who was actually an amerikkkan cyborg controlled from the Pentagon.

To sum it up:
    -Iran no worse than U$ of Amerikkka (much more democratic, even!)
    -Ahamadinejad no worse than Obama
    -I$rael worse than Hamas and Hezbollah combined.

7. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth Emperor

So you're saying the CIA had no part in overthrowing Mossadeq?

8. zenspiderz

@ luiz.. so are you denying that the CIA with presidential approval sponsored a coup in Iran 1953, operation ajax? Not even the CIA denies it anymore also president obama has admitted US orchestration in the event. I think you must the only one left in denial about this event. Not good for your credibility to display it though.

9. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Wow, those are two disgusting strawmen, and I don't even particularly like the guy.

10. amadeus

The one person who was key to the downfall of Mossadegh was Mossadegh; nationalizing firms outright with no compensation, dissolving parliament, holding flimsy referendums, declaring martial law... I believe those had more to do with it than the 0.07% of GNP ($1m out of Iran's $5,200m) the U.S. offered to subvert the Iranian regime.

11. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Hasn't he threatened to wipe Israel off the map a lot?

12. zenspiderz

That's right he didn't. He said that the Regime occupying palestine will one day dissappear. Your media has mislead you, sorry to be the one to break the news. What he said was no different to a random US president hoping for the fall of the soviet union (but not calling for the extermnination of russians.)

13. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth Emperor

It's complete different, Israel is Jewry, criticizing Israel is to criticize all Jews, and to wish for the holocaust to happen again, which Israel will not stand by and let happen.

14. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

My thoughts exactly. Both sides of this argument now disgust me. Can't we have a seperate 'Capatalising on dead Iranians to score cheap political points' thread? I'd really like to have a place to discuss what's actually happen without wanting to smash up my monitor every other post.

15. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

:(:eek::mad::cry::dubious::wallbash::aargh::faint:[pissed]:suicide:

16. zenspiderz

It is not different. The holocaust does not give zionists permission to carrry out genocide against palestinians. anymore than hiroshima would grant the japanese permission to slaughter random eskimos.

If ahmadi hates jews explain this pic..

If isreal is = to Jewery then explain this pic..

Consider yourself refuted.

17. amadeus

If Nixon hates communists, explain this pic...

If Robert Mugabe hates white people, explain this pic...

If communists hate Nixon, explain this pic...

18. zenspiderz

Not sure what your point is nixon didn't hate communists, communists don't hate nixon and mugabe has white people in his government.

Besides none of your pics show the involved parties showing affection.

Definitely none of your pics refutes my second pic.

19. amadeus

:crazyeye:

Ooookay... I'll just go over here now...

20. CCA

CCA Emperor

Don't be bent by the lies of the AmeriKKKan propaganda machine.

Dishonest U$ media and the zionist controlled WWWe$tern Media manipulate the 'facts."