1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI 50% combat bonus and carpets of doom

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ishmael_, May 20, 2016.

1. ishmael_

ishmael_ Chieftain

Hi

I feel a bit silly making a topic about this, but it's getting a bit frustrating. I played a couple of games on the current stable version (march 9th) and won. After updating to the new beta version (may 14th) I've been stomped by very effective carpets of doom in the early game. I tried maybe 5ish games.

In the latest game I tried, I noticed that the troops of Gengis Khan had an extra combat bonus of 20-50%, very often 50%. Elizabeths troops didn't have it as far as I can tell. I added a screenshot that should show the combat bonus.

Is this normal? Difficulty level was immortal. I also tried a game on emperor difficulty in middle of my immortal tries and I stomped that game.

Attached Files:

2. Funak

Funak Deity

The trick is to not get surrounded...

3. ishmael_

ishmael_ Chieftain

That's true, though in that situation avoiding it was tough. And the 12cs bowman/spearman vs 30cs elephant didn't help the matter.

You wouldn't happen to have an educated guess what that combat bonus was? Often the bonuses have some explanation.

4. BenchBreaker

BenchBreaker Warlord

3 levels of shock/drill 30%
    heroic epic/order 10%
    authority 10%

total 50%

5. ishmael_

ishmael_ Chieftain

Cool, that makes sense, thanks. I probably should have thought about that. Well, it seems to be a normal situation, so I'll go back to trying to crack this.