AI and Gold Purchases

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

I'm working on compatibility between CSD and CEP. The biggest flaw in CSD is, in my opinion, that it accentuates the already-terrible AI use of gold. GEM used to modify this with a complex LUA file (indeed, this file is still in CEP), however, in CEP, this file no longer seems to work correctly. So, two questions:

1.) Is the file not working, or is there something I need to do to get it working?

2.) Would it be possible to gain permission from the CEP crew to integrate this content into CSD with a contingency to disable it if CEP is also installed?

Cheers,
G

Anything that improves AI performance, especially with gold, is great in my opinion. I look forward to seeing what you can do. Thal is the one to ask regarding any permissions, though.

/Cat/AI/CEAI_Events.lua

The code you're talking about should be working and active in CEP right now. It's the first 680 lines of CEAI_Events.lua, and you can look at or use it for whatever you want, with credit. :)

Note this code uses a few functions from the Tools section of CAT, such as GetRandomWeighted and GetBuildingsOfFlavor.

/Cat/AI/CEAI_Events.lua

The code you're talking about should be working and active in CEP right now. It's the first 680 lines of CEAI_Events.lua, and you can look at or use it for whatever you want, with credit. :)

Note this code uses a few functions from the Tools section of CAT, such as GetRandomWeighted and GetBuildingsOfFlavor.

Thanks, Thal. I did quite a bit of playtesting with it in an edited capacity, by itself and with CSD, and the events never seemed to fire. I blame user-error. :)

In any case, I decided to go the dll-route, as I already have AI changes in the dll. So far, so good.

I'm happy to see that CEP is shaping up nicely!
G

Can't wait to have CSD work with CEP again! The AI buying off all the CityStates late in the game every turn has grown tiresome.

I just tried CSD v14 downloaded in game. Tooltips on the intro screen (showing special buildings associated with the race) don't work, and when entering the game, there is no production list. The CSD items in the tech tree showup though.

If I delete the cache and the usermodfolder first and enable CSD last, then the production list shows up ... the first time. As I didn't like my starting position, I did a restart. This resulted in a repeat of the problems above.

Can't wait to have CSD work with CEP again! The AI buying off all the CityStates late in the game every turn has grown tiresome.

I just tried CSD v14 downloaded in game. Tooltips on the intro screen (showing special buildings associated with the race) don't work, and when entering the game, there is no production list. The CSD items in the tech tree showup though.

If I delete the cache and the usermodfolder first and enable CSD last, then the production list shows up ... the first time. As I didn't like my starting position, I did a restart. This resulted in a repeat of the problems above.

I'm using them together and haven't seen any problems.

\Skodkim

Top Bottom