AI Attitudes

dbconfession

Chieftain
Sorry in advance. I know this has to be somewhere already and I will delete this after I get a response.

Can someone point me to a thread that breaks down the components that define another civ's attitude towards you when you mouseover it in their diplomacy screen? Not just how influential a particular statement is but also the difference between faded statements and bright statements as well as any other particulars about the diplomacy system.

thanks Bio. Yeah I've already seen that one. I'm more interested in the breakdown of Leader opinions when you mouseover their demeanor in the diplomacy screen. e.g.- (green) we have made a declaration of friendship with each other, - (red) You were caught stealing from us.

The numeric values are in the XML files; but you need to know how to interpret them.
But I don't bother with that myself.

DOF helps but goes away the moment it expires, what you really want is to DOF a pair of civs that have a DOF (staggered). Then renewing is fairly automatic.

Stealing tech is a significant negative. But forgiving is only a minor positive.

Warmongering is the biggest negative in the game; but (with BNW) only with the civs that care about warmongering.

The numeric values are in the XML files; but you need to know how to interpret them.

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet. Can someone either direct me to a thread where someone has interpreted the XML file, or at least tell me where in the code to find the values that need interpreting?

DOF helps but goes away the moment it expires, what you really want is to DOF a pair of civs that have a DOF (staggered). Then renewing is fairly automatic.
Is DOF the highest valued green? Are there any other greens that are equal in value to this?

Without knowing the exact values, could you speculate on the number of levels. e.g. if DOF is indeed the highest in its category, and we assign it a +1 for the sake of argument, how many other tiers are there? e.g. if 3 in total, DOF is +1, and the other two are +0.66 and +0.33 respectively.

And what about the faded comments. I read somewhere that they are neutral opinions and don't add or take away from the calculated final value. Is this true? if so, I don't see the point. Unless faded statements can escalate into bright green or red. The only case I have seen this in is in "You have shared intrigue with them." The first time you do this it is faded green, but becomes bright green after you share intrigue a second time.

Thanks in advance

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet. Can someone either direct me to a thread where someone has interpreted the XML file, or at least tell me where in the code to find the values that need interpreting?

Is DOF the highest valued green? Are there any other greens that are equal in value to this?

Without knowing the exact values, could you speculate on the number of levels. e.g. if DOF is indeed the highest in its category, and we assign it a +1 for the sake of argument, how many other tiers are there? e.g. if 3 in total, DOF is +1, and the other two are +0.66 and +0.33 respectively.

And what about the faded comments. I read somewhere that they are neutral opinions and don't add or take away from the calculated final value. Is this true? if so, I don't see the point. Unless faded statements can escalate into bright green or red. The only case I have seen this in is in "You have shared intrigue with them." The first time you do this it is faded green, but becomes bright green after you share intrigue a second time.

Thanks in advance

I think bringing back a civilization after it has been destroyed is just as high valued as a DoF (maybe even higher).
DoF is +15 I think.
Faded means they are less important, really faded green for example can mean +3 and faded red something like -3. Grey or white means it doesn't matter, like "you have been to war in the past, but they don't seem to hold a grudge".

thanks raatmarien... If i provide a full list of all possible opinions, could you throw a number next to each one?

I know that "we've traded recently" is a positive, but does the AI make any distinction between fair trades, generous trades, and freebies, and does it take into account the magnitude of what is being offered?

For example, selling a luxury for 240 gold (the highest price a Friendly AI will pay) gets you a "traded recently" modifier. If you have surplus cash with nothing to really spend it on, and offer it for, say, half the market value, will you get a larger positive modifier? The AI seems to recognise the good deal "Your offer is generous, and i accept / I must accept" , but does it view you more positively for it?

What about stuff given for free? Eg. Surplus Iron, Coal, Horses, Open Borders?

And finally, does it recognise that gifted size 8 city you just capped is a bigger gift than a gifted 1 coal?

I think bringing back a civilization after it has been destroyed is just as high valued as a DoF (maybe even higher).
DoF is +15 I think.
Faded means they are less important, really faded green for example can mean +3 and faded red something like -3. Grey or white means it doesn't matter, like "you have been to war in the past, but they don't seem to hold a grudge".

IIRC Dofs are +30 and recalling a civ +200.

This is PERFECT! Thank you. But I have to manually install my mods because I'm on a mac. Can you please direct me to where in the modding forums this mod has been posted? Thanks!

edit: never mind. I didn't realize that you could get the install folder directly from steam now. Got it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yj0rsf4vvm86qsu/Diplomacy_Values_(BNW).zip

I know that "we've traded recently" is a positive, but does the AI make any distinction between fair trades, generous trades, and freebies, and does it take into account the magnitude of what is being offered?

Yes, but it expires so fast as to be not worth going after.

Top Bottom