AI Auto Play 4 - Deity - Pick The Winning Leader!

Kjotleik

Kjotleik
AI Auto Play 4 - Deity - Pick The Winning Leader!

Yes, it's time for another AI Auto Play Deity competition. This is the fourth and final game in round one of the league! Next time we will start seeing the 2nd attempts from the leaders to get themselves into the glorious position of winning!

But for now, the last thirteen leaders in Civilization IV BTS 3.19 will fight for the right to be the fourth champion of the season!

Who will it be? Can anyone give me a name? Can anyone give me a victory condition? Can anyone give me a date?

The Winner(s):

The Winner: :trophy: MegaLurker - :trophy: (missed by 24 years on average)
Runner Up: :trophy2nd: FlyingSwan - :trophy2nd: (missed by 62 years)
3rd Place: :trophy3rd: Zhary - :trophy3rd: (missed by 114 years)
4th Place: nate45 - (missed by 374 years)
5th Place: Packers5280 - (missed by 424 years)
6th Place: Robert FIN - (didn't give condition or date)

One participant seemed to want to change his bet into Napoleon. However, as he didn't edit his original post to reflect this, the change was not accepted. See the rules under the "THE COMPETITION" spoiler...(while I do listen to you all, and consider it, when you want me to give you honourable mentions I may have missed, I don't give a mention in the winning list if a participant fails to edit his first post (despite me asking him to in the thread, no less!)).

Expect the game report to appear in post #2 during tomorrow (Sunday).

Spoiler Honourable Mentions :

B = Eliminated Civilizations
Top Six:
1st - Major Tom - 83.33
2nd - Packers5280 - 77.38
2nd - Zhary - 77.38
4th - MegaLurker - 75.00
5th - pandamancer - 73.33
6th - FlyingSwan - 69.44

Spoiler Explanations for B :

I had a little problem with this. Would I consider the participants with the most correct of their choices, or the most correct of the eliminated ones, to be the best.
The solution I chose, ended up being the average of correctly guessed divided by total guessed and correctly guessed divided by actually eliminated civilizations. The list reflects this average value!

C1 - Only elitetroops figured out Peter would be getting his Great Scientist first!

C2 - Everybody mentioned Stonehenge...but nobody (!) mentioned Isabella!
(it doesn't ALWAYS pay to follow the crowd...)

C3 - MegaLurker was spot on (pre-1000 BC means an average of 4000 BC and 1000 BC, which translates into 2500 BC)
Packers5280 missed by 500 years.
FlyingSwan didn't mention a date.

C4 - Packers5280 were the only one with two correct combinations.

C5 - Packers5280 was all alone in suggesting Roosevelt would be able to prove the World to be round!

C6 - Nobody figured out Wang Kon would be the 1st to discover Liberalism....

C7
- It was also a huge surprise to everybody that Sitting Bull would use his Great Spy to start a Golden Age at 410 BC, before anyone else...

Spoiler Game Results :

THE WINNER - A1 = Napoleon
Condition - A2 = Diplomatic
Date - A3 = AD 1874

Eliminated Civilizations - B = Asoka, Frederick, Gandhi, Pericles, Roosevelt & Wang Kon

1st Great Person - C1 = Peter (Great Scientist, 2575 BC, St. Petersburg)
1st World Wonder - C2 = Isabella (Stonehenge, 2700 BC, Madrid)
1st Declaration of War - C3 = Napoleon (on Gandhi, 2500 BC)
Religions - C4 =
Buddhism - Huayna Capac, 3700 BC
Hinduism - Isabella, 3650 BC
Judaism - Isabella, 2650 BC
Confucianism - Wang Kon, 1575 BC
Christianity - Gandhi, 1150 BC
Taoism - Sitting Bull, 750 BC
Islam - Huayna Capac, AD 265
The world is round - C5 = Roosevelt, AD 880
1st to Liberalism - C6 = Wang Kon, AD 625
1st Golden Age - C7 = Sitting Bull, 410 BC, Great Spy

Spoiler THE COMPETITION :

A - Used to determine competition winner(s)!
Name the winning leader! [A1]
(the victory condition [A2] and winning date [A3] optional, but highly recommended!)

Competition winner(s) will be declared after considering A1, A2 and A3, respectively.

# if two participants have the correct leader, but only the second one has chosen condition and/or date, the latter will be declared competition winner (with the former 2nd placed).

*Winning date can be a period. But of course; the narrower the period, the better the reputation of the ones to get it right!

PS!
You are NOT allowed to chose more than ONE leader. But you can of course comment on your own choice by mentioning other possible scenarios and winning leaders, as long as you make it clear whom your final choice IS! Posters choosing more than one leader, will be disqualified!

B - Civ IV Expert credits given here...
Name the useless! [Bn] (date(s) of elimination optional)
(those leaders who get themselves eliminated - if any (I won't tell just yet!))

C - Just for fun (you need luck here...)
Who...
...gets the first Great Person [C1] (date and type optional)
...builds the first World Wonder [C2] (date and wonder optional)
...makes the first Declaration of War [C3] (date and defender optional)
...founds the religions [C4a-g] (dates optional)
...proves the world is round [C5] (date optional)
...wins the race towards Liberalism [C6] (date optional)
...enters the first Golden Age [C7] (date and method [Taj or GP] optional)

*of course, if the game ends before some of these things happen, and you say so, you will be credited under "honourable mentions"! But it is more likely that all of these will happen before a Victory Condition is reached.

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND and want to change your choices, you are allowed to do so before the deadline passes. But you MUST edit your first post. After the competition deadline has arrived, the posts will be examined in chronological order. If multiple posts exists, by the same user, only the FIRST post containing A1 (optionally A2 and A3) will be allowed to enter the competition.
Posts NOT containing A1, will be disqualified from the competition.

This post: September 26th 2014.
Deadline: Saturday, October 4th 2014, 18:00 (Norwegian Time).
Winners revealed: Saturday/Sunday October 4th/5th 2014.

Spoiler Settings :

13 AI's (Frederick + 12)
Frederick was given the Deity starting technologies, and the Deity starting units before I turned control over to the AI for the duration of the game...

Mod: Better BUG AI

Difficulty level: DEITY

MAP = Fractal
SIZE = Large
CLIMATE = Temperate
SEALEVEL = Medium
ERA = Ancient
SPEED = Epic
WORLD WRAP = Cylindrical
RESOURCES = Standard

Victory Conditions set = ALL of them!
Options set:
-City Flipping after Conquest
-Require Complete Kills
-No Vassal States
-No Tribal Villages
-No Random Events

Spoiler Starting Positions :

Spoiler Overview :

Spoiler Map Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Map No Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Details :

In Alphabetical Order!

Spoiler Asoka :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler De Gaulle :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Frederick :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Gandhi :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Huayna Capac :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Isabella :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Napoleon :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Pericles :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Peter :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Roosevelt :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Saladin :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Sitting Bull :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Wang Kon :

[/URL][/IMG]

AI AutoPlay League of Leaders 4

A World's History
- the brief version -
(World #4)

Spoiler Reason for delay :

I'm sorry, but the game report will be delayed until tuesday... :sad:

Celebrating the league championship of Molde FK in the Norwegian football league (Tippeligaen) has eaten up too much of my time this weekend. I won't be able to finish the report today, as planned...

Tuesday, is the new deadline I've set myself for posting the report (late evening, after work)...

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :blush:

Spoiler Game Report :

Part One - Mikhail Lomonosov of St. Petersburg (4000 BC to 2500 BC)
Spoiler Part One :

The world had once again been formed. Fresh, new, unexplored and ready for the brave young men and women chosen to lead their tribes into the future!

All thirteen leaders had settled their second city by 3825 BC. The first to settle a third city was Wang Kon, who settled Wonsan at 3275 BC. By the time he founded his fourth, Pusan (2800 BC), all but Frederick had also founded their third cities. Frederick didn't settle his third city, Munich, until 2625 BC.

The world's first religion was Buddhism, founded by Huayna Capac in 3700 BC. Isabella founded Hinduism in 3650 BC. Both leaders converted into their newly discovered creeds as soon as possible. Judaism did appear on the scene in Seville (Isabella) in 2650 BC. She did not convert this time!

Peter founded St. Petersburg in 3875 BC. In 3200 BC he discovered Writing. The 48 000 population sized city of St. Petersburg immediately began construction of a Library (3175 BC). 90 000 inhabitants saw the completion of the Library in 2900 BC. Peter hired two scientists at once, and placed them in charge of his Library. One of them, Michail Lomonosov, was recognized as a Great Scientist in 2575 BC. In 2550 BC Lomonosov had completed his legacy. He had successfully founded an Academy in St. Petersburg.

The first leader to adopt Slavery was Saladin (3350 BC). Sitting Bull (3175 BC), Frederick and Pericles (2900 BC), Gandhi (2875 BC), Huayna Capac (2850 BC), Napoleon (2825 BC) and Wang Kon (2800 BC) soon followed his example.

Isabella had an early focus on spreading her cultural influence rapidly. She finished Stonehenge in Madrid in 2700 BC. Madrid was also the site of the second wonder of the world. In 2225 BC the city had The Great Wall erected around its cultural borders. It had the effect of scaring off the barbarians on the small two-leader continent. They went to bother Sitting Bull instead...

In 2100 BC Roosevelt finished The Great Lighthouse in Washington. This is worth a mention because it meant the somewhat slower technology-discovery speed on the main continent. This because it denied them technology-trading fuelled by the extra trade-routes, since Roosevelt didn't have contact with anyone besides his continental buddy, De Gaulle, for a long period of time. In fact, the Roosevelt/De Gaulle continent didn't make contact with anyone until 655, when they met with Pericles!

Napoleon apparantly doesn't like Gandhi! In 2500 BC he declared war on the Indian leader for the first time in the history of this world. When it was all over, a count revealed he had declared on Gandhi a total of five (!) times: In 2500 BC, 1025 BC, 305 BC, 505 and 1090. During the years of war Napoleon had taken over a Gandhi city six times, and razed them in two of those instances. Only one time did Gandhi manage to get one city back. Madurai (3 SW of Delhi) was re-catured by him in 290 BC. Gandhi ended his reign as his Indian Civilization was destroyed in 1180.

-- STATUS 2500 BC --
Spoiler Diplomacy :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Maps of the World :

Spoiler Main Continent North :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Main Continent South :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Spanish Continent :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler French Continent :

[/URL][/IMG]

Part Two - Wars of the BC's (2500 BC to AD 10)
Spoiler Part Two :

Out of the ten (10) wars that were declared in the BC's, three were by Napoleon on Gandhi. The latter had no chance, really, to stand up against the French in this game.

The second war declared in this game were Huayna Capac on Pericles in 1700 BC. When the dust settled at the peace-treaty in 550 BC, both sides had razed two of their opponents cities. A War with two losers, basically!

Third war was a 1250 BC declaration by Wang Kon on Peter. For the third time, the war lasted a millennium (plus a few years). As was the case for Huayna Capac, it didn't pay off for Wang Kon to declare either. In fact, he did worse than Huayna Capac. In 95 BC peace was agreed after Wang Kon having captured one city from Peter, and Peter capturing two (!) cities from Wang Kon.

De Gaulle and Roosevelt were competitive. De Gaulle declared in 1225 BC, with peace in 950 BC - no cities lost or taken. Roosevelt answered with a declaration in 455 BC where he actually managed to raze one French city before agreeing peace in 110 BC.

Asoka declared on Peter in 395 BC, but in 495 peace came about with nothing having happened.

In 350 BC Isabella declared on Frederick. The war didn't end until the destruction of the German Empire in 1180. This was the second longest war of the world!

The longest war started by Saladin declaring on Asoka in 230 BC. When the war ended in 1480, at the death of Asoka, it had lasted for 1 710 years. Saladin didn't capture any Asoka cities for himself. The lands of India were too far away from Arabia, I guess. He did, however, raze six Indian cities. This opened up roome for expansion from the neighbours (Peter, Napoleon and Pericles).

Among other news I will mention that the religions had begun to spread by AD 10. Only Islam had not been founded yet.

Buddhism: Napoleon, Huayna Capac, Asoka and Pericles
Hinduism: Isabella, Saladin and Gandhi
Christianity: Peter and Frederick
Confucianism: Wang Kon
Taoism: Sitting Bull
No State Religion: De Gaulle and Roosevelt

Sitting Bull were working one Spy (Courthouse) and two Scientists (Library) in Mesa Verde. In 425 BC he had a 31% Great Spy- and 69% Great Scientist-chance. It was Qin Wuyang (Great Spy) who was born, and Sitting Bull used him to inspire his people to work harder and make better trades. Thus, the world's first Golden Age came about in 410 BC.

There were in total seventeen (17) wonders of the world constructed in the BC's. The Apostolic Palace were among them. Finished at Varanasi by Gandhi in 275 BC to gather all Hindu faithful in one organization world-wide. Five hundred and forty years later, in 265, he converted to Christianity!

-- STATUS AD 10 --
Spoiler Diplomacy :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Maps of the World :

Spoiler Main Continent North :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Main Continent South :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Spanish Continent :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler French Continent :

[/URL][/IMG]

Part Three - France & France (AD 10 - AD 1874):
Spoiler Part Three :

In 265, Islam was founded in Huamanga (Huayna Capac). The religion had little influence, only converted into once. By Roosevelt in 890. It only lasted for 160 years, as he converted into Taoism in 1050.

De Gaulle finally had had enough of Roosevelt, and in 340 he declared for the last time. The war lasted a millennium, but in 1365 the American civilization had been destroyed by the French!

The Taj Mahal was constructed in Cahokia, by Sitting Bull, in 445. Liberalism was discovered by Wang Kon in 625. By 880, Roosevelt had proven the world to be round.

In 900 both Peter and Napoleon declared on Wang Kon. While Napoleon soon made peace, Peter stayed in the war until Korea was destroyed in 1770. He had a little help from Napoleon, who declared again later, and Huayna Capac, in taking out Korea.

The first real major war declared by Napoleon was against Pericles in 1285. He never accepted peace, and Greece was destroyed in 1575. Still, this was not enough for him to win. And I suspect that if Saladin hadn't focused so much on taking on Isabella (he declared in 1605, and threw her off the main continent), Napoleon would not have been able to stay safe from the East until he himself was ready to declare on Saladin. Which he did in 1732 (capturing five cities), and again in 1802 (capturing 13 cities). In 1859 Napoleon also declared on Peter, and took seven cities off from Russia.

I wonder how it would've gone if Saladin declared on Napoleon instead of Isabella? He was ready for war (apparantly, as he thrashed Spain), and France had just ended the campaign against Pericles (which means his troops were not ready for a new war immediately). Speculations, speculations (but aren't they fun?).

Spoiler A Developing Main Continent :

Spoiler AD 1285 Before Napoleon's DoW on Pericles :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler AD 1600 Napoleon After Pericles :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler AD 1600 Saladin before DoW on Isabella :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler AD 1732 Napoleon Ready For Saladin :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler AD 1859 Napoleon DoWs Peter :

[/URL][/IMG]

So, with all this land, and going for domination... how come Napoleon got a Diplomatic Victory, you say? Here's how:

In 1808, Huayna Capac constructed The United Nations in Cuzco. Napoleon won the vote for Secretary General.

Spoiler AD 1812 UN French Sec Gen :

[/URL][/IMG]

In 1872 Napoleon finally had conquered enough of the world to have the necessary votes (with the help of a close friend, De Gaulle).

Spoiler AD 1872 France and France :

[/URL][/IMG]

What about the Space Race? Well, Napoleon were leading the race towards Alpha Centauri as well. He had launched his spaceship in 1871, with estimated arrival in 1886.

Spoiler AD 1871 Napoleon Launch Spaceship :

[/URL][/IMG]

Huayna Capac were nine turns from completing his Engines (Nasca(9) and Cuzco(4)) at the time of Napoleon's launch.

As for other victory conditions: Sitting Bull (!) was closest to a Cultural win: Cahokia (37 turns), Mesa Verde (118) & Poverty Point (233) were on their way. However, with the war against Huayna Capac, Peter, De Gaulle and Napoleon (all at once) not being a good one for the Native American Empire, it would've taken considerably longer, I presume...

Perhaps only DeGaulle was a possible Cultural Victory candidate, other than Napoleon, as he was separated by an ocean from him. His best cities in 1871 were: Orleans (14 700 CP), Grenoble (9 535 CP) and Rheims (4 696 CP). A long way to go before reaching the 75 000 limit, in other words.

Napoleon's cities were: Paris (18 654 CP), Chartres (12 878 CP) and Tours (8 988 CP).

Domination would've taken a little bit of time as well. Napoleon were over the limit for population (48% - needed 44%), but a little behind in land (44% - needed 52%).

AD 1874 - Napoleon wins a Diplomatic Victory!

Spoiler End of Game Map No Names :
[/URL][/IMG]

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

Napoleon wins domination, 1500 AD

eliminated:

asoka, gandhi, peter, frederick, pericles, isabella.

First to get a religion will likely be Isabella, First to a wonder will be Huayna Capac, and the overall winner will likely be Peter, domination 1800 AD.

The eliminated ones- Ghandi and Roosevelt, I am pretty sure they are going to die, I won't hazard a guess as to the others.

Capac will wonder-whore, peace vassal to Napoleon, and win culture.

Huayna will win space race. Gandhi, Asoka, Sitting Bull and Roosevelt die.

Gandhi wins culture 1765AD

Asoka, Napoleon, Peter, Saladin and De Gaulle die.

Who...
...gets the first Great Person [C1] (date and type optional) Peter, scientist
...builds the first World Wonder [C2] (date and wonder optional) Asoka, stonehenge
...makes the first Declaration of War [C3] (date and defender optional) Napoleon on Asoka
...founds the religions [C4a-g] (dates optional) Isabella Buddhism first. Then Saladin Hinduism, Pericles Judaism, Roosevelt Confu, Gandhi Xtian, Pericles Tao and Gandhi Islam.
...proves the world is round [C5] (date optional) Isabella
...wins the race towards Liberalism [C6] (date optional) Pericles
...enters the first Golden Age [C7] (date and method [Taj or GP] optional) Huayna Capac, GP

Whoops! Didn't read that. In that case, I change my guess to Nappy/domination.

Then, please edit your FIRST post, as per the rules laid out under the "THE COMPETITION" spoiler!

It will be too much work (and a LOT of room for mistakes) if I'm to consider multiple posts with different applications from the same users. I'm going through the posts chronologically after the deadline has arrived. Your final selection MUST be located in your FIRST post.

Please!

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

napoleon,domination,1812-:mischief: :D

all eliminated except Isabella,sitting bull,roosevelt.

1st wonder-Hyuac Capac-stone henge

1st great person-Ghandi-great prophet

Napolean declare war on Ghandi

Isabella founds buddism and Christianity,ghandi founds Hinduism and Judaism,Hyuac Capac founds confusanism,saladin founds islam.

Roosevelt wins liberalism

Peter proves the world is round

Hyuac Capac enters 1st golden age from prophet spawned by stone henge/oracle

An interesting group of characters here. No leader clearly stands out as dominant and there are no IMP leaders at all. Roos and DG are probably clearly out of the competition. Izzy and Bull could compete, although Bull rarely seems to push for victory - just a stagnate leader.

Nappy is the variable here and has a strong chance to win with that start and his propensity for war. The question is if he is pacified early on or not.

I'm going to go with a gamble on a more peaceful game here and pick:

Pericles - Culture 1750AD
only AI elimated is Gandhi

Fred's start is absolutely horrible. He could have a tough time.

An interesting group of characters here. No leader clearly stands out as dominant and there are no IMP leaders at all. Roos and DG are probably clearly out of the competition. Izzy and Bull could compete, although Bull rarely seems to push for victory - just a stagnate leader.

Nappy is the variable here and has a strong chance to win with that start and his propensity for war. The question is if he is pacified early on or not.

I'm going to go with a gamble on a more peaceful game here and pick:

Pericles - Culture 1750AD
only AI elimated is Gandhi

Fred's start is absolutely horrible. He could have a tough time.
Just seems like Nappy is going to hate on so many of the peaceniks on his landmass and he's the only one that builds a decent amount of units, I think he's going to just start rolling right away and never get caught.

This is going to be all Napoleon. Domination victory in the 1800s.

Gandhi, Roosevelt, Pericles eliminated for sure.

First world wonder will be stonehenge by Huayna.

First declaration of war will be Napoleon on Gandhi pre-1000BC.

Wang Kong win Spacerace. Will have more or less a free run. Nap will be exhausted by to many wars so no to him. Roosvelt, Asoka, Gandhi, Freddy eliminated. Sitting Bull join Isabellas religion so he is safe.
First DoW Nap on Asoka. World is round: Capac. First wonder: Capac, stonehenge, and he will get first gp from that (prophet). Lib race: Capac.

I trust(!!!) Nappy once again.

Like someone said, none of those guys stand out from the group, other than Nappy who likes to spam units. He has iron and wimpy neighbors so that's really my best guess.

As much as I would like to pick someone else, I gotta go Nappy domination. Let's say it occurs 1450 AD. Gandhi, Asoka, Pericles, Freddy, Wang, Peter, and Saladin eliminated, in that order. Nappy gets the domination before he can finish HC off.

HC gets Great prophet from Stonehenge to go with a early religion.
Nappy declares war on Gandhi 2000 BC
Izzy and HC get poly and Bud,
Roosy proves the world is round
Nappy gets the 1st Gage from getting a great spy from the Great Wall.

A
Nappy Dom 1760
B
Gandi Asoka Roosevelt Pericles Peter Frederik Isabella
C1
HC Great Priest
C2
HC Stonehenge
C3
Nappy on asoka
C4
Buddism Sal
Hindu Asoka
Jud Isabella
Conf Roosevelt
Tao Peter
Christ Isabella
Islam Peter
C5
Peter
C6
HC
C7
Frederik Great Scientist

Napoleon looks like a clear standout on this map. But he's been chosen plenty of times, so to keep things interesting I'll guess something different:

Frederick
Domination

Will add the other details if I get time when I'm not on my mobile

Top Bottom