AI AutoPlay 6 - Deity - Pick the Winning Leader!

poor Liz.....

My shots:

Winner: HAMMURABI!! (1 space 1850 2 domi 1920 3. diplo 1860) if Willem doesnot achieve space earlier

My 2nd type won :] WithHammi start every human player will easily win, but this is AI :D He could not resist the Celts even with bowmen. Strange.

Delhi sees the first of many, many wonders as The Great Wall stands erect in 2650 BC. Asoka can be happy no barbarians will ever threaten his cities again

Was it the first wonder ever? In case I have 1 more gueass :p

My 2nd type won :] ...
Was it the first wonder ever? In case I have 1 more gueass :p

Hello enKage.

First, due to the rules (see the spoiler for THE COMPETITION in the original post) I ignored your 2nd choice. If I hadn't, I would've had to disqualify you (as per the rules...). No one is allowed more than a 1/13 chance to pick the correct leader...duh...

Second, I'm sorry my wording could be misunderstood. Delhi's The Great Wall was this particular city's first wonder. The first wonder of the world was Stonehenge in Antium (Augustus Caesar) in 3000 BC.

Delhi became the home of Mausoleum of Maussollos, The Parthenon, The Statue of Liberty, Broadway and Rock N Roll in addition to The Great Wall....and Cereal Mills was incorporated there as well...

By the way, thanks for participating. It makes this whole testing-the-AI-to-see-which-leaders-are-better-than-the-rest competition of mine something I really look forward to. And it helps me put some effort into it as well. If it wasn't for you "fanatics" here I would probably not put any efforts into the game reports at all. And then I would not have learned a quarter of what I think I learn about the game right now...

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

Yours Sincerely

Go on with next game :p

This is fun stuff, Kjotleik! Keep up the good work! :)

Why did Julius have problems taking out Japan? I thought JC was a far stronger AI than Tokugawa as Tokugawa usually isolate himself to death.

Why did Julius have problems taking out Japan? I thought JC was a far stronger AI than Tokugawa as Tokugawa usually isolate himself to death.

Toku had strong land + trade partner at least for openborders

Toku even won Liberalism!

Toku is fun. He even won one of my games :] (I made him my war dog and he suddenly became out of control :D)

This is fun stuff, Kjotleik! Keep up the good work! :)

I agree. I think this helps (me) think about what the AI will do and how it will act. Obviously these are n=1 games and I would wonder Kjotleik how the results would differ with e.g. n=10 runs (and how long that would take to run).

Good job.:goodjob:

I agree. I think this helps (me) think about what the AI will do and how it will act. Obviously these are n=1 games and I would wonder Kjotleik how the results would differ with e.g. n=10 runs (and how long that would take to run).

Good job.:goodjob:

Firstly, thanks everybody for encouraging comments.

Now, to dmd175's question:

Running a game takes approximately one hour to one and a half hours. So just running ten games should only take one day (off-work day, naturally). It is the after-action game report that drags on for hour after hour after hour after hour...(you get the point).

So, if I'm to play n=10 games, I would only be able to provide the winner and the score-list displayed in-game for each n. I would not have time to dig through the timeline of the games to find the important war-declarations that decides why the game ends up as it does...

But if anyone feels a calling to do so I could always provide the savegames from this series as downloads from my Mediafire account...?

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :think:

I could run a game or two for comparison, just to see how consistent the winner is. I'm also curious to see how having vassals on changes things.

As far as I remember kossin's game had vassals on and we rarely saw space victories there. Domination+culture were in favour.

Kjotleik, I like the idea of playing the same game several times, the winner guy is enough info for me :]

I could run a game or two for comparison, just to see how consistent the winner is. I'm also curious to see how having vassals on changes things.

@Mec AntiKythera -
I have uploaded all the autosaves from my games to MediaFire.

AI AutoPlay Season One Saves

Here you will find all autosaves from the games, in addition to one file with all the starting saves (which is the one you would want, I presume).

Remember, you will have to go into the WorldBuilder to give the "human" civilization Archery/Hunting/Agriculture/The Wheel as well as a total of 2xSettler, 1xWorker, 2xScout and 4xArcher before CTRL+SHIFT+X'ing to begin the AutoPlay... (you probably know all this! But just in case someone else wanted to try, I thought I should mention it to avoid too many complaints about "why does the human/AI always die first?" posts...)

@enKage - If I get the time I could play a couple "alternate timeline" games from my future AIAP games. However, I will not play those until AFTER having posted the game report from the original game... and then only the winner/scorelist from the alternative timelines would be shared by me...

@Major Tom - It would be interesting, though, to see how much impact "Vassal States" being on would make, when it comes to number of eliminated civilizations! My main reason for chosing "No Vassal States" is that a colony (or two) created by the AI's would mess up my calculations for the League of Leaders table. Having different amount of games for different leaders would for sure be the implication of this. And how would you deal with that?

PS!
Be aware that the series is played using the "Better BUG AI" mod, and thus the files cannot be opened in Civ IV BTS 3.19 without that mod...

OBS!
I believe it is possible to make these WorldBuilder saves by loading the 4000BC saves and enter the WorldBuilder, saving from there. It would make it possible to load the game up in the Custom Scenario option and de-select "No Vassal States," as well as other tweaks you find necessary. I still think you need the BBAI mod, though...

Yours Sincerely

I downloaded the Season 1 zip and installed the Better BUG AI 1.02b (2010-09-26) mod, but noticed it is quite old. What version are you using? I tried to load the game 6 save and it asks me to pick a Civ while displaying a long list of Civs, all of which are "America." It shows a picture of Sid while the text under his picture reads "Isabella* - America." When I click OK it flashes some text messages and crashes before I can read them. Can you make anything out of that?

I downloaded the Season 1 zip and installed the Better BUG AI 1.02b (2010-09-26) mod, but noticed it is quite old. What version are you using? I tried to load the game 6 save and it asks me to pick a Civ while displaying a long list of Civs, all of which are "America." It shows a picture of Sid while the text under his picture reads "Isabella* - America." When I click OK it flashes some text messages and crashes before I can read them. Can you make anything out of that?

...strange...

Here is a copy/paste from the txt-file of my BBAI mod. It seems to be the same?

[Begin---
Better BUG AI 1.02b (2010-09-26)
--------------------------
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354019

Components:
Better BTS AI 1.02a r597
* AI Logging
BULL 1.3 r219
* Fractional Trade Routes
* New Sentry Actions
* City Governours Build Workers
BUG 4.5 r2245
---end]

OH, MY!

I think I know why... I suddenly realized I am using the 50-civs dll-file for the Better BUG AI-mod (it is included in the download? I cannot remember if it is.). It should be located in the Better BUG AI thread.

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :blush:

I have attached a WB-save of the first game of the series. I can open this in both Better BUG AI and standard BTS 3.19 as a Custom Scenario.

Also, I can choose which speed to play on, what options to use and what victory conditions I want. I can choose to play with any leader as well, but as this is an AutoPlay-game, there really is no point in choosing any other than the "human" Ragnar. I have added the Deity-techs and -units to the Vikings here... (besides, I really do not know how the game would handle another leader as "human." All others have Noble difficulty set...).

If this file works (but not the others), I could just upload a WB 7z-file as well...

Please give me a hint as if this works, or not!

Yours Sincerely

Attachments

• AIAP_S01_G01_Deity.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    592.2 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom