1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Autoplay AAR: Europe '36

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Dale

Dale Chieftain

I'm going to post an AI Autoplay AAR for Europe 1936 in 50 turns increments.

This is using all the changes for Add-On Pack 1 (which I'll post a beta of shortly). :)

AI Autoplay = ALL nations controlled by the AI. I do not participate.

50 turns: Building up Germany

50 turns: Germany tech tree

50 turns: Spring approaching

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

100 turns: Poland eaten on both sides

100 turns: German tech tree

100 turns: The Western Front

3. Dale

Dale Chieftain

150 turns: Western Front

150 turns: Eastern Front

150 turns: German science

150 turns: Score Card

4. Dale

Dale Chieftain

200 turns: Eastern Front North

200 turns: Tigers on the Prowl

200 turns: Egypt

200 turns: German Tech Tree

200 turns: German losses to take over Europe

5. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Interesting, pity about those tanks not scaling too well. Look darn ugly zoomed out. Perhaps using terrain art like from Rhyes of Civilization which as it is darker would fit in better with the unit models (just a suggestion).

6. Dale

Dale Chieftain

I haven't scaled the new models correctly yet. That was going to be the last task after they were all in.

Rhye uses BlueMarble (I'm pretty sure of), which personally I'm not too keen on. :)

7. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

I got BtS yesterday and I'm downloading the RTW add-on pack just now and it looks awesome. :) One question: is the historical-based mode (which to me seems the only tolerable mode of play - would it be possible in future to lock-down certain civics for the open-play mode so that Italy, Russia, etc all don't switch to democracy straight away?) going to recreate the downfall of the Reich? In the 1944 screenshot above Germany seems to be holding on okay although it does appear the Wehrmacht has been beaten back a long way from Stalingrad.

Is there an event that pops up when the Werhmacht approach Stalingrad which causes a Soviet counterattack and encirclement? When I last looked at the map there was no Soviet Union east of Stalingrad, so how is the Red Army going to launch its counter-attack?

8. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

PS three cheers for the Fuhrer making his appearance. :D

One last comment: the unit icons need improving. Simply because it's hard (at least for me) to tell what is what - what is a tank, what is infantry, what is a ship or plane - just by those grey icons.

9. Dale

Dale Chieftain

To force AI's to stick to civics (like in historical mode) open WorldBuilder and remove tech "Aquired Knowledge (open mode)" from the civs. That'll stop them changing civics (and you). ;)

As for the unit icons, hang on I'll just let NATO know. :D

10. Scotteh

Scotteh Chieftain

Actually after only one game of RtW i was able to tell immediatley what was what from the unit icons, their fairly straight forward.