AI beelining through Tech Tree

What exactly is the objective here? Why is AI beelining eras a problem?

I honestly don't think beelining is a problem, and having different number of tech requirements adds good variety. Beelining already has a cost - severe underdevelopment in the non-beelined path, e.g. mediocre military if going for education, no science/culture buildings if going for steel -, that's what makes the game interesting.

I also agree with G that the tech tree is well-balanced now, so we shouldn't change it.

To Banking: As someone already pointed out, banks are a strong reason to go for it as a wide empire, I think. Every bank gives +1/+2 good per city! As AIs seem to like settling many cities, it makes sense for them to aim for banks...

Edit: Accidentally posted before finishing.

Last edited:
What exactly is the objective here? Why is AI beelining eras a problem?
Problem is: at some point AI limits its choices, they become almost predetermined. So, human can easily exploit that. Also, game is less diversified, thus less fun.

I honestly don't think beelining is a problem, and having different number of tech requirements adds good variety.
I am discussing AI behavior. I don’t see any variety in AI’s play when entering Industrial via Scientific Theory 80% of time. Or Rifling in all other cases.

Top Bottom