ai being dumb

kage1822

Chieftain
hey all, so i've been playing civ 3 off and on since it launched. I recently started playing agin and the ai is being dumber than usual... I've created numerous maps and have had fun playing on them in the past, but for the last 10 or so games I've rage quit over how stupid the ai has been acting. I'm including a link to an attachment of the mini map to show what I'm talking about, and this is on Prince difficulty.
I'm pink, netherlands are orange (japan was near them, but they destroyed them), there's the celts, rome, greece, sumaria, byzantines, egypt, germany, america, & spain... I have never seen the ai build only 2-3 cities, only a few times in the 10 or so games has another civ created as many cities as the netherlands did as shown in this

Attachments

• civ 3 map.png
    civ 3 map.png
    448.9 KB · Views: 243
Welcome to CivFanatics!

In the epic game, the AI does not fail this spectacularly at Settlement, not even at Warlord level. However, since this is a mod, this general lack of AI-Settlement is likely a result of one or more of the changes you have made (and/or have not balanced properly).

I saw a similar problem in @Nathiri's otherwise excellent "Thelen Epres Mrel Nelthelrinae" epic fantasy-scenario, which has auto-produced Settlers (by a building in the Capital), extremely dangerous barb-units (the 'Barbarians' are actually a pair of civilizations, so they can build cities themselves; wild animals take the place of the epic-game barbs), and immobile 'Palace guard' units, but otherwise no decent early defensive-unit. So the few Settlers that the AI acquires before it reaches the tech which obsoletes its Settler-producer building, tend to remain in the Capital, instead of going out to found new cities.

So this is not a bug, this is a modding problem. To help you troubleshoot this, I have suggested that a Mod/Admin move this thread to the 'Civ3: Creation & Customisation' subforum, where there are still many active and experienced Civ3-modders.

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C forum as requested. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom