[R&F] AI blocks using my using GP on Space Race projects

techgiz1

Chieftain
Ever had AI place one of their Rangers on your Spaceport to block your using GPs and builders to speed Space Race projects? I finally had to declare war on my AI friend to get his Ranger off of my Spaceport for I could use my units to speed along the space race projects.

AI regulary let's units stay on one spot in my territory for extended periods of time. I'm guessing it wasn't intentional on your space port, just bad luck.

Is it unintentional? I'm not so sure - there seems to be a pattern to such behaviour (or perhaps I'm seeing one where there is none?). I relatively often have friendly units from City States or declared friends park in my lands, not just anywhere, but on tiles where it seems to hurt me the most, e. g. tiles where I recently revealed strategic resources but not yet had time to improve them. It actually makes me reluctant to offer/accept friendships and open border pacts in relations with my neighbours.

I never have this problem. Why you ask? Having played Civilization since Civ II you learn never give open borders to your opponent be it Human or AI. For religious units the rule is Kill, crush, destroy.
I believe Civ II and maybe III did not have the ability to close borders so you had to place a unit on every square on the "border" of the territory you wished to defend.

Is it unintentional? I'm not so sure - there seems to be a pattern to such behaviour (or perhaps I'm seeing one where there is none?).
My guess is you're just seeing a pattern where there is none. There seems to be some sort of bug relating to open borders, where sometimes an AI units will not be kicked out when their right to be in your territory ends, but also they cannot move the units, so the unit will just stand there. I think if you renew open borders with them, they'll normally move the unit.

I never have this problem. Why you ask? Having played Civilization since Civ II you learn never give open borders to your opponent be it Human or AI. For religious units the rule is Kill, crush, destroy.
I believe Civ II and maybe III did not have the ability to close borders so you had to place a unit on every square on the "border" of the territory you wished to defend.

Playing with alliances is, in general, more fun than without, for me. I like the bonusses and wisselbanken/arsenal of democracy. And they fixed the worst of units swamping your lands that made open borders indeed unplayable early on.

Denouncing cancels borders. You don't have to war.

Though I guess you might as well.

And yes, Civ 5/6 I never give open borders to anyone most of the time.

Denouncing cancels borders. You don't have to war.

Though I guess you might as well.

And yes, Civ 5/6 I never give open borders to anyone most of the time.

At least Missionaries can't block your Tanks any more. There's been some improvement since Civ 6 was first released!

I was disappointed that Civ 6 didn't improve more on Civ 5's fairly weak border system. The borders becoming enforceable on Early Empire is an improvement, but the binary state of borders seem too simple to me.

I'd prefer a system with a third state, where civilians (including Scouts) can come and go, but military units (and Settlers) can't. It would only be once you hit the modern era that you could truly enforce a "hard border" and prevent Traders, Religious Units, etc., from coming and going.

Blocking Religeous units would be outstanding. By means of a Wonder, government building, special type of church? Most likely a wonder, and or some type of promotional status with apostles or the level of world influence your religeon has or needs to reach?
Off on a tangent I know please remove if needef by Mods!

Brew God

Top Bottom