1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI breaking breaking promises should allow for Casus belli war

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by pietro1990, Oct 28, 2016.

1. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

I thinx a lot of you guys have seen this happen.

You asked the AI to stop spreading his religion to youre cities and he says of course i won't do it anymore i see my errors. Then a few turns later he spams more missionaries to convert youre land this allows you to use the holy war casus belli to declare war.

But how about giving us a new casus belli for when the AI ignores other request like:

if he settles to close and you ask them to not do that but he still does it.

But the best realistic casus belli would be :

If AI ignores youre request for not spying on you. This is actually a realistic casus belli look at current USA that threatens war with russia because of spying incidents.

not stopping to spy on someone can causes war and it can be called as a justified war because the other one provoked it.

2. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

3. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Causus Belli is a good idea, poorly implimented. It needs to come earlier, there need to be more of them, and using the system needs to feel worth it. Right now it's too hard to declare anything other than a formal war, even after you get all these options, and declaring a formal war is so egregious that only the staunchest of allies will still even lukewarmly support you after that.

An unprovoked war followed by a city capture should rightfully get you hate, but a defensive war, or a war out of fear of a power getting too big, should not get you as much hate. Like, I don't even know if the US would have a CB against Germany beyond formal war to enter world war 2 right now, and that's messed up. Maybe liberation war, but even that only comes in to play if France and the US were officially allies then, and not just friends.

4. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Chieftain

We should also get the option to use all the ultimatums the AI uses (ex: troops at border), the ancient & classical eras should have slightly higher warmonger penalties for surprise wars, and casus belli should allow justified wars to hold lower warmonger penalties, with multiple casus belli stacking, allowing declaration to carry no warmonger penalty (in theory at best), liberation to reduce/subtract warmonger points/penalty, and reconquest carry virtually no warmonger penalty, even in information age.