1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI bug when attacking undefended city?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by marioflag, Oct 23, 2006.

1. marioflag

marioflag History Addict

I had a city with just a galleon inside it.Suddenly Napoleon declared war on me and desembarked troops near my coastal city which had this galleon with combat 4 promotion.I couldn't defend my city but i forgot to leave my galleon inside the city.Anyway a strange thing happened Napoleon's stack instead of conquering or razing my city bombarded city defense.My city was too far to send troops to defend city anyway seeing that they were bombarding city instead of conquering it i sent my cavalry.The turn after AI razed city.
    While one turn later AI razed city it was a big bug in my opinion because if my city was less far AI bombardent could be fatal and i could garrison troops inside it.

2. ledhed

ledhed Chieftain

I fully did not understand your post.

3. crunch

crunch Emperor

AI bombarded an empty city (with no units in it) instead of taking it immediately.