AI building wonders really early?

Lmaoboat

Chieftain
I just got back into Civ 5, and I've used this mod in it's previous iterations, and was getting off to a pretty good start, when after turn 5, somebody finished the pyramids. At first I thought it might be a result of some conflict with the Extended Eras mod, so I try disabling it, but it happened again, so I think it might have something to do with be starting on the Classical area. Does the AI get some really high production bonuses early on?

The AI Wonder construction rate was accidentally set to 70% on Prince in 3.13.

I don't know how starting in the later eras interacts with the mod, although there are per era bonuses that you might be encountering. I also don't know what vanilla BNW bonuses you get when starting in later eras.

Let us know if you have any problems with the next release.

Usually takes 22 turns or so to build wonders when starting on classical, so that seems to add up to about when the wonders were being finished. Although I don't know of the AI immediately went for wonders in vanilla, if the mod makes them more aggressive in building, or if the few turns to build them made them more desirable.

I actually just tested this with 3.13, Prince Difficulty, Standard Speed and the AI took 20~ turns to build the wonder. Is the AI building wonders in 5~ turns reproducible for you?

Happened to me in two different games last night, I'll try it again and try to spot anything else I might have changed.

Hmm, it seems like the AI may be chopping a forest when building the wonder. Which would take the build time down to 8~ turns.

Started a new game as Egypt, the only options I think I changed were making the world wet and hot. Temple of Artemis was built 6 turns in.

Something else on the topic of starting at classical, this is probably intended since it's been in since Vanilla, but I always get opportunities before I could possible get the gold to spend on them outside of lucky ruins or barb encampments.

Well I started a prince game on ancient era, and the earliest wonders I either had to make a beeline straight to if I didn't want to savescum over and over trying to perfect my production to finish one turn before the AI, but after that I was able to get most of the wonders with the AI being just slightly more aggressive with them than normal.

Top Bottom