1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI can declare war even if you just signed a peace treaty ( 7-9 release)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by SuperNoobCamper, Sep 11, 2017.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

hello.
    yesterday i ran into a really weird situation, i was playing as the ottomans on tiny pangea map against Arabia, China and Babylon.
    i declared war on Arabia which signed with Babylon a defensive pact, managed to capture two cities then signed a peace treaty with Arabia yet is was still fighting Babylon a defensive war.
    The very next turn Arabia voluntarily became Babylon's vassal so i gone into war again against Arabia.
    few turns later Babylon proposed a white peace treaty which i accepted.
    on the exact turn we signed the peace treaty i asked Babylon to move their troops away from my borders but they just declared war.
    without progressing to the next turn i asked him to end hostilities and signed another peace treaty in the same turn he declared war.
    i repeated this multiple times and every time i ask him to move his troops away he just declares war.
    I saved the game on the exact turn we signed the first peace treaty
    Using vox populi 7-9 release with EUI; no other mods are used.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmGTBgZ7N0OJtSMSE7FbukgNz0Ge

2. Jakman217

Jakman217 Chieftain

I ran into this a version or two back as well. Though I thought this was fixed, but it may have become unfixed.

3. matlajs

matlajs King

for me also. and IMHO Ai behaviour in this mater should be adjusted, because they attack you insanely often in ,,Dissagree'' diplo dialogue despite of great relations between you.

4. Txurce

Txurce Deity

When a civ attacks me constantly, I have a pretty good sense of why they're doing it. Either I've beaten them up already, or they view me as hopelessly in their way.

But the rules of vassalage, like the rules of DP's, seem to supersede the post-war cooldown period... some of the time. There are also times when a DP exists, someone DoW's a civ, and their DP buddy sttays out of the fray. I don't know whether this has a good explanation, or neeeds more work coding. (I would make it simple and have the cooldown period be inviolable.)

5. matlajs

matlajs King

When i have transparent diplomacy on, i would expect, that if i have tons of green diplo modifiers and just -5 for diverent policies, i really wouldn't expect behaviour like this, attacking me for one unpleasant answer.i don't really care, if i winning above them. values and numbers are clear and in contradiction with their reactions.

6. Dawnpromise

Dawnpromise Prince

I had a recurring case of Shaka breaking his peace treaty the very next turn after signing it.

Of course the trigger was him bullying my CS-ally and me refusing to back down on it but it led to auto-war every time even though he should not be ABLE to declare war on me yet. I have since dubbed this 'scum-bag Shaka' because "Who violates a peace treaty the very next turn?"