AI Cheating

Damn it guys! The computer cheats! And not just in Civ!!! Everyone knows this (throws his mouse in anger). :mad:

*nukes some popcorn and sits back to observe the discussion, munching absently, wishing she were playing the game*

i don't know why but OP seems to me like some of those that multiplay on Gamespy (or the like) saying that they're the best of the best, and is killed before 1AD by several persons which fight each other for rights to annex his lands

Declaring that you are the best of the best in an MP civ game is a very poor diplomatic move. You'll get instant -12 "We'll just see about that" diplomatic penalty from all the human players.

Declaring that you are the best of the best in an MP civ game is a very poor diplomatic move. You'll get instant -12 "We'll just see about that" diplomatic penalty from all the human players.
Already seen that happening :p Well, it was more a -12 "If you are really that good, better kill you while we can" :D

Digging the topic:
AI does "cheat" in numerous way.
Knows every tile on the map, knows units on that tile. Know if the tile is a city or how much defense would provide. Knows how many cities are on your turf.
Knows production in yer city, knows happy faces, health.

Basically AI knows everything.
It doesn't use the info in some cases though that would be deemed blatant cheating.

AI doesn't follow strategy in general. It has some "kind" of strategy in mind but not real one. Or at least far from what human may think of.
So the info is use when find 'bestXXXAction' is considered.

In the end: I don't know if that'd be qualified cheating. It's how the AI was designed. Like the developers told it's more a tile-base game than turn based one.
Everything revolves around the 'tiles'.

Top Bottom