Ai city gifting.

After many years and games only twice have I had an Ai gift me a city. I'm curious as to what conditions lead to an Ai gifting a city to the player.

That is very rare. Only time I see that, if I recall, is when you have good relations (Pleased, or maybe Friendly only), and the city has a certain amount of your culture in it..thus under cultural pressure

Well... I must add 1 (rare) situation where AI can gift city that has 0% human culture (I have had many cities got with >51% of my culture - power of CRE Stonehedge + fast Libraries):)
Once I had semi-isolated start (usual thing on Archip map - reason why tech-trading is usually off) with Pacal (i think... some ~blue guy with no CRE). So we had good size island with 1 peninsula. He managed to settle 3rd city there (with worker too) early (Deity so AI settle fast). I got 2nd city that blocked it (and water tiles too) and I didn't open borders (because had land other side to settler 1st). But city by itself had no culture pressure. And by surprise - city gift.. 1st and till now only time I got city without my culture presure at all.. Some "code" reasons for that? (something like - can't get to city... can't galley to it.. eh, gift it away :D )

Top Bottom