AI city razing

KeeperOT7Keys

did nothing wrong
I still play the 1.24, and AI in this version is very aggressive and I like it, but even if they declare wars they almost never capture cities which neither makes sense for them nor is enjoyable for the player. Even if I have the best city in the world AI tries to raze it with all its wonders and great peoples, I don't get what's the point of declaring wars from the AI perspective.

This is also not really enjoyable for me, because AI dogpiles a lot and they are likely to capture first few cities but it's annoying when AI razes them even if I will most likely take back the city in a few turns.

now I have few questions regarding this:
1st: is this a bug? why AI razes cities so often? I checked the leaderinfox xml and even the leaders with 0 probabilities are razing cities all the time. I guess something that mod changes doesn't reflected in the AI modules, maybe it's worrying too much about culture idk?

2nd: If it's not a bug I would like to modify this behavior, is there a way of adding occupation timer (using Python) even if the city is chosen to be razed? so there would be a resistance period like 5 turns etc. I saw the setOccupationTimer function in the event manager but I don't think it can be called before a city is getting razed.

This sounds like the K-Mod AI. Especially with you being frustrated by cities being razed that you can easily retake - I think that AI deliberately razes cities like this because it knows it can't defend them. I have often had K-Mod abuse my tendency from vanilla to keep my cities lightly defended and just keep a big stack around to eventually counter their attack. In my opinion the issue is more that razing is such a cheap one turn action.

This sounds like the K-Mod AI. Especially with you being frustrated by cities being razed that you can easily retake - I think that AI deliberately razes cities like this because it knows it can't defend them. I have often had K-Mod abuse my tendency from vanilla to keep my cities lightly defended and just keep a big stack around to eventually counter their attack. In my opinion the issue is more that razing is such a cheap one turn action.

yes I believe this is the reason. that's why I think adding a time period for razing, like in the later Civ games would help to alleviate the problem. but I only done Python modding and I am using a Linux distro so I don't want to get into the compiling the DLL. do you know an entry point in Python that I can use?

No, it's not easy to delay razing because it is very entangled with the other "acquire city" code in the DLL.

Top Bottom