1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AI civ asking for assistance

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by sibbe83, Apr 12, 2012.

1. sibbe83

sibbe83 Chieftain

I remember from civ 4, one of the expansion packs I think, if a civ went to war against another civ, that civ would sometimes come to me and ask for assistance. Especially if he was weak military wise. This feature was removed in civ 5, so I wonder if anyone knows yet if this feature will be back in Gods and kings?

2. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Chieftain

I dont think anything like that has been mentioned, however, with the intrigue system you could as well form an alliance against a common foe before he attacks.

3. sibbe83

sibbe83 Chieftain

I guess we have to wait till 19th of june to find out then :p

4. KevinLancaster

KevinLancaster Chieftain

What? They already do this, and you have the options of Declare War, Have 10 Turns to Prepare, or Ignore Them.

5. K0alabear

K0alabear Chieftain

Yes, and they do it so much its sometimes annoying. Always when they go for war both starts asking u for help -.-

6. CoolLizy

CoolLizy Chieftain

They never ask for your help after the war has started in V, though.

7. K0alabear

K0alabear Chieftain

I'm not sure what you mean. They've asked me to start a war against some1 they've declared war on, and current is war with? Or do you mean after they ask your help and u decline? I think they've still asked me.. later though.. ??

8. CoolLizy

CoolLizy Chieftain

In Civ V I have never had anyone ask me to go to war with someone they're already at war with. If it happens, I've yet to see it.

9. CultureManiac

CultureManiac Chieftain

A CS might ask for help if it's in a lopsided war with an AI. An AI won't do the same, once the war is started.

10. Namaspamus

Namaspamus Chieftain

Same here. It would be cool if they did, also if they were grateful for help, liberated cities, etc... not talking of resurrecting them just to get denounced three turn later.