AI Civs Permanent War Switch

R3dKnight

Warlord
This is what the AI needs. IMO the current trend of 'too bored to continue' occurs because the player is in a superior position where the game is 99% his to lose. He either has:
1. The Strongest Military Force.
2. The Highest Cultural output.
3. The Most advanced tech.
4. The Biggest Pocket to buy the city states votes needed for United Nations.

IMO for all this boredom to disappear, they need to implement Permanent War switch, which does not seem to exist.

If the AI is truly playing to win, let them realize they're going to lose if they don't do anything to bring you down actively. No more hitting next turn just to see the culture gain / UN countdown votes with nothing to do at all, since EVERY KINGDOM IN THE WORLD will be gunning for your downfall. The time for Pact of Secrecy is over. Turn on the Permanent War switch!

Wouldn't that just reinforce ideas that this is a wargame.

I don't necessarily think permanent waris the solution, but some sort of conflict is required. Right now, in continents games, the AI can often handle itself quite well and be the points leader. It'd after this fact that they sort of don't know what to do with itself.

The naval invasion aspect needs to be sorted out. For the 'fun' aspect you are missing.

For the strategic end, the AI top dog usually gets there because they were beliggerant and attacked everyone else and or won a lot of territory from everyone. I don't think it's diplomatically congruent to then say, have him lead an alliance against the human player.

That will lead more credence to the accusation the diplomacy AI is biased against human players right from the beginning (which it isn't as of yet).

I'd be interested to see what they fix in the big patch later this year (not the one coming up).

Edit: liking your diety game btw. keep it coming :)

It's quite important that the AI attempts to prevent you from winning, just as another human would. You don't want this to be too unrealistic, or be implemented to such a large extent that people always complain about an AI conspiracy, but it's probably good to tune the AI to take into account that it needs to take action to prevent victory by another player.

Top Bottom