AI combat bonus per difficulty

poxpower

Prince
Does the AI get a combat bonus for their units and cities at higher difficulties ( on top of the extra promotions )?

I thought they had bonus on barbs, similar to lower level difficulty for humans.

AIs always play on Chieftain, so they do have the bonus vs barbs, +60% I believe. Not sure if Deity gives an extra one.

What are the easy or extra promotions than the AI gets? And where is that documented?

I would note that the AI is terrible at picking promotions, but I thought they were the xp legitimately!

I thought they had bonus on barbs, similar to lower level difficulty for humans.
Yes bonus vs barbs. But none against other civs.
What are the easy or extra promotions than the AI gets? And where is that documented?

I would note that the AI is terrible at picking promotions, but I thought they were the xp legitimately!
Same promotions as humans but the ai need a lot less xp to get them and get free xp when the unit is created iirc.

AIs always play on Chieftain, so they do have the bonus vs barbs, +60% I believe. Not sure if Deity gives an extra one.

Actually, the AI gets a bigger bonus against the barbs than it normally gets if the Human is playing on the lowest two difficulty levels. This is simply so that the AI gets a bigger bonus than the Human gets against Barbs on those levels.

(AI Barb Handicap is specified separately than regular Barb Handicap)

And note, that while the AI played on Chieftain for Vanilla and G&K, in BNW, the AI plays on "AI Default Handicap".

Now if the Human is playing on Deity, he gets no handicap bonus at all against the Barbs.

The does the human player get a bonus vs AI on lower difficulties?
I just find that taking cities on lower difficulties is suspiciously easier than immortal/deity. Those cities takes basically no damage. It might be a combination of higher population and walls, I dunno.

Yes no bonus for humans either. Just cities being weaker. City strength is a combination of pop and tech level as well as building bonuses.

Oh really, tech level? I didn't know that.
How much does it influence it?

That would explain a lot.

Top Bottom