AI, Combat System

LastSword

Prince
I've found no news about them. New civs (great...), extra decisions, cultural victory overhaul (needed), but I am more interested in fixing the G&K issues.

Cities' power is something I would like to mention first.
I am totally fine with cities defending themselves, melee units having hard time attacking cities, but when my catapults are single-shooted from full hp...
I dream about new city-fighting system, (destroying walls and etc.) but i think that siege machines (catapults, rams) having invidual stacking (it means it would stack with melee units etc.), while being extremely fragile (maybe even being stolen like workers) is simply solution.

Less clumsy battlefield, cities still maintain their power, but siege machines are protected by melee units. Fast mounted unit used to punish unprotected cannons.

Mounted units having no role is different problem...

The question is, wouldn't you prefer AI improvements or more challenging (strategically) combat then 'tourism' and 'great works'?

The question is, wouldn't you prefer AI improvements or more challenging (strategically) combat then 'tourism' and 'great works'?

Not for an expansion, no. Although I'm not sure it's impossible to have both. But what you're talking about are tweaks. I'm not paying $30 for tweaks.

It should be part of this. Before G&K, archers had a city attack penalty. Reintroduce that, and give siege engines protection from ranged attacks. That'll go a long way in balancing the battlefield.

Mounted units often help me sweep away units standing in my path towards cities, so I don't see the issue there.

If a city is too forceful to take, you can weaken it by starving it down. Occupy the farms and the pastures, and pillage them if the occupying units need repair. That would be a proper siege.

siege would make more sense if a city's ability to heal were connected to it's access to the food tiles around it, no food - no restored hp!

siege would make more sense if a city's ability to heal were connected to its access to the food tiles around it, no food - no restored hp!

I like that idea. Maybe even make restoring a city's health cost some food, like restoring 5 health costs 1 food. Also works interestingly with the idea that in BNW you can ship food between your cities via trade routes. You'd really need a proper siege and cut the city off from the outside world.

Top Bottom