AI Declaring War On Eliminated Civs

ShaqFu

Requires Nanotechnology
In my current game, I noticed some time back that the Ottoman Empire had been fully conquered (I can no longer meet with Suleman for diplomacy). This past turn, the notification came up that Oda had declared war on "!", with the icon indicating that he had just declared war on the Ottomans.

I have no idea how or why this happened, but it's strange that the AI will declare war on civs that no longer exist.

I can confirm. IN my game, America was wiped out. Two turns later (or it could have been just one), Ghandi, Catherine, and a city state declared war on !, and the symbols showed a American sheild.

The ! is a trivial thing. It tries to find the name of the civ, but fails, so instead of saying "X declared war on America!" it says "X declared war on !". Oddly, it definitely knows it is America >.>

They can't afford to take chances with the zombies.:)

What's happening is a Civ is asking another to declare war, but they're choosing the "...in 10 turns." option. Then the target gets wiped out before the 10 turns are up.

Thus, when the 10 turns are up, the Civ tries to declare war, but there's no one left.

I had a similar event occur. In my case, the Iroquois conquered the Greeks, eliminating them. I took a former Greek city from the Iroquois and liberated it, re-activating the Greek civilization. Immediately after making peace with the Iroquois, I decided to take the Greek city for myself and make it a puppet, again eliminating the Greeks. When the peace treaty between me and the Iroquois elapsed, The Iroquois declared war on the now-defunct Greeks (according to the icon; the message said "Hiawatha declared war on!").

Unfortunately I do not have a save before the message came up. I do have one at the time of the message.

After this occurred, I kept getting the notification that my peace treaty with the Iroquois had expired on every turn. It eventually stopped, but I cannot say why. It MAY have stopped when I annexed the Greek city that I took from the Iroquois, but I wasn't paying that much attention to it.

So I told Siam that I would wait 10 turns till I DoW on England. I reality I DoW the next turn. Before the 10 turns were up England was gone. On turn 10 a notication comes up saying Siam and their city state allie are DoWing England :confused:

Also in the same game I wiped out the Songhi [sp?]. Many turns later A city state that that was also at war with Songhi (whilst they existed) put a notification up that they had declared peace with the vanished nation!

Not sure I have the save game! I'll have a look. If it happens again I'll put the save up!

I've also hade notifications of peace treatys ending turn after turn (russia in my case). I got it to stop by DoW on Russia and a quick strike on Moscow :lol: That'll learn her.

Just had an idea for the bug hunt. If auto save is set to every turn then there is a gareented save. Sweet. Unless thats bugged to....

Occured recently.
England propose me to declare war on Persia. Ok, I took 10 turns for prepare.

But England declare war before it and fully conquered Persia in a couple of turns (they were much-much-much stronger).

Ok.

But, after 10 turns passed Elizabet come to me, demanding me to declare war on Persia! :)

Okay, it was safe (no single persian city in game), I accepted. And recime messages from citystates, that they too declare war on soomebody.

"Hanoi has delared war on !"
"Helsinki has delared war on !"
such messages :)

But nothing bad did not occured - just clumsy request/messages.

Sorry, have no save, but only screen of messages.

Attachments

• no_civ_screen.png
    no_civ_screen.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 85
"Hanoi has delared war on !"
"Helsinki has delared war on !"
such messages :)

Same issue with messages I had found when liberated Chinese city and resurrected China civ:

" has made peace with Elizabeth!"
" has made peace with !"
(last message is about "peace" with Catherine, who also is already conquered)

Attachments

• has_made_peace.png
    has_made_peace.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom