1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI difficulty bonuses

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by redwings1340, Oct 30, 2016.

1. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

I'm not sure if this is complete or has been posted here before, however, I found this while looking on reddit earlier: http://civ6.gamepedia.com/Game_difficulty

One thing to note here is that, unless there's more than this page shows, the AI seems to get generally fewer long term bonuses than it did in V, though it does get some pretty substantial buffs. I also don't see anything here with regards to growth, housing or ammenities, which is interesting, and explains why even on diety the AI is constantly plagued by rebellions, especially during war periods, where their carpets of doom start racking up insane war weariness when you kill it.

The biggest benefit seems to be an insane 3 settlers and 2 builders on deity, though I wonder how many times barbarians kill one of those settlers before it gets to found a city. Any other interesting observations you can find from this?

Victoria likes this.
  2. Acken

Acken Deity

On Deity the AI usually settles its 3 cities.

Funny how the revolutionary AI of civ6 had to go for a free settler on Emperor and 2 on Deity.

3. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Wow, +20% production per difficulty above prince! (+80% on deity!). Those bonuses are huge.

4. FlashXAron

FlashXAron Warlord

Please could someone explain how that Settings work in MP ?

As when I rise the settings for a human player, so he will be stronger ... so for humans it is opposite ?

Normal we are playing all at KING level , but does that mean that the humans also have +8 etc.science bonus ...
    for AI it is clear

humans KING vs AI KING
    humans PRINCE vs AI KING

So everything at KING means , all are the same ? That didn't feel that way !
    http://civ6.gamepedia.com/Game_difficulty

Thanks

5. genyl

genyl Chieftain

I think it is quite remarkable for the AI to be able to lose with 3 settlers 2 builders 80% bonus on deity. I mean you have to actively try to lose therefore it is a sophisticated AI , I don't think a human could lose with that!

6. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

The AI is not loosing, YOU are winning because you are awesome.

7. spfun

spfun King

The AI starting with 3 settlers normally means I get a bonus early settler! :rolleyes: Its a bonus to human players! Deity is a bit of joke right now. Probably the easiest civ game at release and to see such bonuses given even on Emperor is pretty bad to say the least. ( Never liked Free settlers ) It feels like the AI plays the new systems in Civ 6 much worse than Civ 5 which is disappointing as that's what i was most hopeful this time they would design game systems with the AI's limitations in mind, not just give it even more outrageous bonuses when they find its worse than ever with the new systems.

In saying all that the terrible AI in Civ 5 didn't stop me playing for 2k hours... And it hasn't stopped me from playing 100 hours of civ 6.

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I have been doing some tests and also reading posts else where where people are making assumptions like 1 for settler and 8 for diety as a modifier.

In Civ5 prince was where there was no modifier so am assuming it is slmilar here and have found some signs that settle is 50% of parameters in globalparameters.xml

Does anyone know if the difficulty modifiers have been identified?

9. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Actually, on Civ V, the AI played on Chieftain both during Vanilla and G&K (and on "AI Default Handicap" with BNW)

For Civ VI, the AI is back to playing on Chieftain.

10. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Victoria likes this.
  11. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I am currently interested in sorting out the domestic tourist bonus which is missing from http://civ6.gamepedia.com/Game_difficulty so I guess I'll have to run through some scenarios :(
    Looing at the bonuses shown it does indicate prince is the middle ground with no modifiers for most things which is matching my current theory

12. Miravlix

Miravlix King

You could give it 5 builders and it would be no better than 0, because all the AI does is build farms. This is ruining snowballing for the AI.

CaiusDrewart likes this.
  13. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Merged two threads about the AI difficulty level