AI does not grab tribal villages, also builders and settlers during war for no reason

Odysseas_84

Chieftain
I consider this such a severe AI deficiency that I am reporting it as a bug.

Tribal village next to AI warrior, full strength. I approach with my scout. No war, no barbarians around, no reason at all for AI not to grab the tribal village visit bonus. Yet the AI warrior just fortifies next to the village, allowing the human player to take it. In other occasions I see AI noticing the presence of tribal villages and not doing anything about it.

While doing some war testing, AI often rejects the opportunity of grabbing settlers and builders, without justification for such action (e.g. AI fighting unit not threatened to be killed after such capture, clearly no higher priority action available etc).

Version 10.0.0.26 (221715)

Warriors aren't scouts. Scouts have a village explore priority and use it too. Can't comment on AI not capturing civilians; they will pillage enemy territory.

So, if its'a bug, it might be yours.

I just watched AI England snag the tribal village I was just about to get. Maybe your difficulty is playing a factor? I'm on King.

Warriors aren't scouts. Scouts have a village explore priority and use it too. Can't comment on AI not capturing civilians; they will pillage enemy territory.

So, if its'a bug, it might be yours.
If this was not blatant I would not be posting it here. For example, there was a case in which I was testing to move a full 3 size builder next to a warrior of a civilization with which I was at war. The warrior was at around 80 health, on a hill with full visual access to his clear environment 2 tiles further away, close to the borders of his capital and its reinforcements. And we are talking about first turns of immortal. It has also happened with clusters of warriors some of which fully healed at immortal/deity. Even if we assume that the AI is designed to be afraid of its shadow, like let's not grab that free worker at turn 20 because the human deity player might have hordes of tanks one tile further away that I cannot see (which is not a fair assumption to make for a game of this caliber), such AI behavior is objectively ******ed and contributes in ruining the experience of the game.

I just watched AI England snag the tribal village I was just about to get. Maybe your difficulty is playing a factor? I'm on King.
Immortal/deity. The concept of scout was still present in civ V, yet anything moving would grab ancient ruins. A warrior not having anything to do (fortifying at full health manifests there isn't even a concrete movement plan) and not grabbing a tribal village next to his feet, is a bug. It is a severe problem of the game and no force in the universe could have made the developers deliberately design it to be like that. I had a bit more of experience during my last game. I was moving around with my scout and grabbing tribal villages two tiles further away of the borders of all kinds of AI civilizations all around the continent. The whole AI tribal village hunting story right now seems to be severe.

If this was not blatant I would not be posting it here. For example, there was a case in which I was testing to move a full 3 size builder next to a warrior of a civilization with which I was at war. The warrior was at around 80 health, on a hill with full visual access to his clear environment 2 tiles further away, close to the borders of his capital and its reinforcements. And we are talking about first turns of immortal. It has also happened with clusters of warriors some of which fully healed at immortal/deity. Even if we assume that the AI is designed to be afraid of its shadow, like let's not grab that free worker at turn 20 because the human deity player might have hordes of tanks one tile further away that I cannot see (which is not a fair assumption to make for a game of this caliber), such AI behavior is objectively ******ed and contributes in ruining the experience of the game.
What, I can't say re ta rded?

Moderator Action: No, you can't. It is on our autocensor list for a reason, so please purge that word from your CFC vocabulary. We often will just warn, but may infract, for repeated uses of language that is inappropriate for a family-friendly site, even when the autocensor does its job (since, as the site rules note, your meaning is often still quite clear even when the offending word is replaced by a string of ***s).
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom