AI doesn't appear to lose the GPT cost of trade deals

TehJumpingJawa

Warlord
- Sell them some resource for GPT.
- You get the GPT
- They don't lose the GPT.

It looks like the AI just magics the currency out of thin air.

This can be exploited for near infinite money due to a bug with the trade renegotiation logic:

- select a resource you want to sell them
- add to the offer all your GPT
- ask what they'll give for it. (if they refuse, lower your GPT offer a little, and try again)
- notice when they accept, they'll offer all their GPT + almost all their gold.
- repeat for each of your resources; notice that the AI giving away all its GPT in the previous trade doesn't prevent it from doing the same again..... and again..... and again.

Good QA department you've got there Firaxis.....

This bug was known months before release. ( was shown by streamers often ) it seems no one at Firaxis watched anyone play the preview build? I don't understand how this made it into release... Came across this by accident in my second game, assuming it was fixed. Not exactly difficult to reproduce. Unfortunately I think we are the QA... :rolleyes:

If you go full blown exploit mode with it, you can trade your open borders for a good amount of gpt and lump sum gold, and trade there relics away + gpt etc... For your spare luxury, Its pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
There's several other bugs related to this that are far more broken. One of them is this: If a trade expires where you traded a resource to the AI for GPT, and you renew the deal, the GPT from the computer gets added to the previous GPT. This keeps happening every time the deal is renewed - you can hover over the gold amount in the top left of the screen and see for yourselves. Often there will be a whole list of copies of the same deal. Note that you still only give the AI that one resource, only their part of the deal gets doubled.

Top Bottom