1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI doesn't fight each other

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Joey_Ramone, May 21, 2004.

1. Joey_Ramone

Joey_Ramone Chieftain

I am playing a game on the deity level on the big map with 15 civs, and so far the AI refuses to declare war on another AI. We're at 100 AD and the only wars so far have involved me. Does this usually happen at this level, or is this some sort of fluke?

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Well, on Deity level, its often normal for the human player to lag behind. It might be that the AI are just picking on the weakest civs. Try to keep them happy (trading etc) and see if you can get alliances with some of them. :)

3. Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan Chieftain

It's just you. Normally on that level by that date there will have been a Civ or two completly wiped out by the AI(especially with how many Civs you have). Wait a couple years and they'll start brawling.

4. jb1964

jb1964 Hunter of Fish

Are you sure they've not been at each other's throat? Before you get embassies established with the civs involved they can be going at it hammer and tong and you would be none the wiser.

5. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Chieftain

i like the way it is in the campaign. Playing rise of rome now (as rome). i am at peace with everyone except cartage. the AI al have only 1 or 2 allies and war with the rest.
    I also bought EVERYONE into an alliance against carthage :)
    ( i suppose if the game is realistic this will make people in the world hate me soon and start terrorist actions against me :p)

6. Milan's Warrior

Milan's Warrior Peacelord

In my games (warlord) the AI hardly ever fights each other. They fight me if I a build only a few units, but not otherwise.
    In practice I can expect world peace for 95% of the game :lol:
    It is actually quite frustrating. I tried to provoke one against the other in any way, to no avail

7. rychan

rychan CS geek

Yeah, this is one of the things that actually gets easier at higher difficulty levels. Thankfully so, because war keeps them from trading techs with eachother like crazy. They always end up with exactly the same techs somehow or another, regardless.

8. bingen

bingen Chieftain

At the lower levels the AI are so handicapped that they have a hard time building enough units for them to go to war. On deity however there is usually plenty of inter-AI wars. As noted, you need embassies to see them. With Conquests and the latest patch you can increase the aggression level of the AI, this ought to promote more warfare.

9. sabo

sabo My Ancestors were Vikings

Same here, I always see the AI fighting each other on higher levels. You just got to keep them happy and they will fight each other, guaranteed ;)

10. dmanakho

dmanakho Chieftain

I just want to add that the more they fight the better...
    If you play at emperor level you just have to make them to fight...
    When they don't fight their expand and progress way too fast for human.
    So keep them fighting all the time if you want to have technological lead