1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Expansion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Azmorg, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Azmorg

Azmorg Bretwalda

The Prince level of difficulty is supposedly even steven between the human player & the AI. Yet it seems to me that the AI is able to expand, to build new cities at a much greater rate than the human player. So what gives?

2. Frank327

Frank327 Warlord

The number of new cities you can build mostly has to do with priorities. If you build scout-worker-settler-settler-settler I doubt the AI can keep up with you. Downside is you don't have any religion/culture or built up capital. If you have an example of prince AI performing superhuman feats of settling new cities I'd love to see it.

3. Acken

Acken Deity

The AI has some small bonuses even on Prince.

But if it expands faster than you it means you expand slowly.

4. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

5. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Yeah, it seems that prince is a challenge to you.
    Focus on research, libraries, scientist and future science bbuildings.

6. vesp3r1987

vesp3r1987 Warlord

I noticed the AI favors the expansion more than human players. While you would care about other things they will just get their 1st 4 cities by the time you make 2 good ones. Then they always have a settler ready to make "emergency" city. When human player (or other AI) take over their empire.
    What amazes me more is how they rush to make a ghetto ot the other side of the world that they wont evolve just so they can take another luxury

7. Callonia

Callonia Deity

I'm curious, is the AIs in question Iroquois or Siam?

8. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Ir the AI uses liberty then that could be a reason why the AI is overexpanding. It is easier to overexpand with liberty since you get cheap settlers and workers. With these units being built quick, expansion happens really soon.

9. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Friends of Liberty expand fast, well after they unlock the free settler policy.