1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

AI exploring behaviour

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Kossatx, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Kossatx

Kossatx Chieftain

Hi, I'm playing without the initial pathfinder for any civilization and what I see is no one civilization explores the map. AI civilizations neither build pathfinders or explore with military units. Anyone else has seen this AI behaviour?

2. CppMaster

CppMaster Emperor

No. It seems fine.

Zuizgond likes this.
  3. looorg

looorg Prince

No. Cant say that I noticed that. They dont tend to scout with normal military units, they sort of stay in range of their land or move towards known barb camps. But their scouts/pathfinders are out and about. That said I cant speak to how efficient their actual scouting is. Sometimes you find huts very close to their lands that was somehow missed by them.

4. Fluffball

Fluffball Prince

Never noticed an issue with AI scouting even on huge maps.

AI usually founds WC due to having found all other civs.

Hardly ever notice AI scouts until i end up at war with them and then usually have at least one appear in my rear area bothering my workers and trade routes and pillaging tiles.

5. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

Besides scouting units, AI seems to scout land/sea with missionaries & diplomatic units. They always seem to be nosing around.

6. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

As someone who hunts obsessively for huts, the AI seem pretty decent at getting them sooner or later! Although I haven't played the most recent version.