1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Friend Negotiated Peace on My Behalf

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by gebrial, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I think there's something else going on, aside from the GPT issue. Brokered peace is now frequently offered after a few turns, but this wasn't the case just a few versions back. I had never encountered it early in a war until the 8/7 or 8/12 versions.

2. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

I thought that's what the most recent fix was supposed to address. That Peace brokering should respect the forced war period. But wait for G to reply; I don't want to add confusion.

Firaxis left a broken and exploitable feature in the game. Giving the AI the keys to the broken car didn't make it run any better. I think you guys can take this feature out completely and still be within the ideals set forth for the patch.

BTW, not the best place to post this but the only reason I'm even still here is because this mod is so great.

3. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

This mod is driven by community, and coded by a few dedicated people. So if a feature is being hated, be sure the modders will address it.

4. Raz0r0x

Raz0r0x Chieftain

Both me and the Mongols where doing pretty badly tech and infrastructure wise at that point, me because I was expanding like crazy and keeping up a decent military while he was behind from earlier wars with me (In which I took his capital).
    Meanwhile, Poland is leader in pretty much every stat except military and land, so there is a pretty big gap between us and him. This is on immortal btw.
    Still no idea why he wanted so much for us to make peace though.

5. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

Nicely put.

The great moments in civ come from situations that seem dire. In a memorable CP game earlier this year, I got backstabbed by Genghis and he took several key cities while I was waging war with somebody else. The warscore would've indicated that he was winning fairly hard. Not once was I worried about the possibility of losing the war; my army was elite and more advanced, and my production was absurd. The warscore wouldn't have taken any of that into account, and Genghis could have forced peace and secured his new borders with no repercussion whatsoever, had I been using the lastest version of CP.

I honestly don't understand why so many people seem to support this. Has anybody ever felt like this "feature" added to the fun of the game in any way? It would be ridiculous if in OTL, Japan peaced out with the US via Brazil because the US pacific fleet was destroyed at Pearl Harbor, clearly meaning Japan is the likely victor.