1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI giant death robots?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by warrior6, Dec 9, 2011.

1. warrior6

warrior6 Chieftain

Hi i haven't played the game for a really long while and on my last play through I did not experience this, but does the AI build GDRs? and if they do on what difficulty or all difficulties? i usually limit myself to not using them anymore from my last play though because the AI would never build it and I felt like i was being cheap.

2. warrior6

warrior6 Chieftain

bump?

3. General Tso

General Tso Panzer General

I don't have an absolute answer for you, but for what it's worth I have never seen the AI build one.

4. avdale

avdale Chieftain

I would assume that games tend to end before Giant Death Robots can really come out, the A.I would likely achieve a diplo or space win instead on higher difficulties. If you played a game with domination as the only Victory Condition I don't see why the A.I couldn't go for them eventually.

5. King of Prussia

King of Prussia Warlord

I had a game while back where the AI was building Giant Death Robots constantly. The only way to stop them was to paratroop to their Uranium and pillage it. I can't remember exactly what difficulty it was but it was one if the higher ones.

6. spmosc

spmosc Chieftain

Yes, I met AI's GDR in my games too, it was high level (do not remeber, but not less than emperror)

7. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

I have seen GDRs in only one game, either prince or king level, I don't remember, but it was a modern era start :p

8. Bad Brett

Bad Brett King

Every time I read a comment like this, I have to double check that I'm still on the Civfanatics Forums and not accidentally have entered the Metal Gear forums. :rolleyes:

9. TPQ

TPQ Cogito Ergo Civ

I've seen GDRs on emperor in the late game, but the AIs tend to prefer using their uranium for nukes rather than GDRs, so you don't see many of them.

Also, usually by the time GDRs turn up, the player or an AI has already won, so they're not too common.