AI giving up cities too easily as part of peace treaties: Does CP fix this?

lockstep

Prince
Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems that in unmodded BNW -- contrary to G&K -- the AI sometimes will give up cities too easily as part of peace treaties. (The cities in question have high population, lots of buildings, and my chance of capturing them in the next few turns is close to zero.)

The Community (core, DLL) patch seems to include a lot of AI fixes, some of them regarding trading behaviour. Does it also improve the AI valuation of cities, especially as part of peace treaties?

Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems that in unmodded BNW -- contrary to G&K -- the AI sometimes will give up cities too easily as part of peace treaties. (The cities in question have high population, lots of buildings, and my chance of capturing them in the next few turns is close to zero.)

The Community (core, DLL) patch seems to include a lot of AI fixes, some of them regarding trading behaviour. Does it also improve the AI valuation of cities, especially as part of peace treaties?

Yep! The AI values its first 4 cities greatly, and values all cities a bit more than normal.
G

Wasn't your previous CP version (63.4.1) based on v63 of whowards DLL mod? Since then, whoward has posted a possible fix for the "missionaries purchasable only with pantheon" bug. Perhaps you can incorporate this latest addition into the new CP version.

I fixed that bug independently prior to Whoward's fix.
G

While we're at it, I have a follow-up question regarding the interplay/relation between whowards DLL mod and your Community Patch (the core patch without the "balance" part). As far as I understand, CP should be usable as a replacement for whowards DLL mod, i.e., any of his pick'n'mix micro mods that use his DLL should also work with CP. Here's my problem: the micro mod "Global - City Forest Bonus" gives extra production when a city is founded on a forest (similar to the production bonus for chopping). By default, the bonus is 125% (25 shields), and no tech is needed. whowards DLL mod contains a "CustomModOptions.xml" file that, among other things, allows to change the parameters for the Forest Bonus mod (e.g. to 100%, available with Mining). How does one change the parameters when using CP instead of whowards DLL mod?

While we're at it, I have a follow-up question regarding the interplay/relation between whowards DLL mod and your Community Patch (the core patch without the "balance" part). As far as I understand, CP should be usable as a replacement for whowards DLL mod, i.e., any of his pick'n'mix micro mods that use his DLL should also work with CP. Here's my problem: the micro mod "Global - City Forest Bonus" gives extra production when a city is founded on a forest (similar to the production bonus for chopping). By default, the bonus is 125% (25 shields), and no tech is needed. whowards DLL mod contains a "CustomModOptions.xml" file that, among other things, allows to change the parameters for the Forest Bonus mod (e.g. to 100%, available with Mining). How does one change the parameters when using CP instead of whowards DLL mod?

The same file exists in the Community Patch - you can find it in the CoreFiles/CoreTables folder in the CP.
G

Top Bottom