1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AI hostility patch

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by subzero22, Jan 25, 2013.

1. subzero22

subzero22 Chieftain

I thought I posted a reply in a post before for the hostility patch but I can't seem to find the topic or even the post again for some odd reason. Even when searching for my own posts in the forum. Well anyway the link seemed to be down in that post and I was wondering if there was another link to it or if someone can upload it please.

2. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Chieftain

An AI hostility patch? I didn't know it existed but it sounds great! Is it an official patch or a hack made by fans?

3. subzero22

subzero22 Chieftain

I think it's a hack/mod from fans but I could be wrong.

4. Catfish

Catfish Chieftain

5. Dr_Mag

Dr_Mag Chieftain

The MGE link leads to a Russian 403(404?) screen. Is there another way to get the AI fix, or is it lost forever? =(

6. Catfish

Catfish Chieftain

:hmm: So it is. Try this one. It's a patched executable as opposed to a file patcher. It may even be an older version, I'm not sure.

[Edit: Just realised that I've already uploaded this file (the patcher) years ago. Get it here.]

7. subzero22

subzero22 Chieftain

Thanks so much. ya that 403/404 page made me think it was lost forever as I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Edit: hmm does it work when I try to run it all it does is bring a console screen up then closes right away. Doesn't do anything else.

8. Catfish

Catfish Chieftain

Same here. Make sure you run Attitude.exe from the same folder as Civ2.exe. Check the date modified on the Civ2.exe file.

9. bigbrisco

bigbrisco Chieftain

Sorry to register simply for a necropost, but that attachment results in no data received when I click it.

EDIT: When I removed part of the attachment url and use this link I get an archive that is corrupted.

! C:\***\Skyer_Civ2_MGE_Aggro_AI_Fix.rar: CRC failed in attitude.exe. The file is corrupt
    ! C:\***\Skyer_Civ2_MGE_Aggro_AI_Fix.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Disregard previous, it's back to no data received. Any chance of a mirror?

10. Catfish

Catfish Chieftain

I downloaded the file from CFC and extracted it without incident. It's been downloaded 250 times. First try disabling any download accelerators, try a different web browser, and check for interference by security software.

11. Nic McCarthy

Nic McCarthy Chieftain

make that 251 times! thanks a bunch!