1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] AI improvements you noticed

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by GoodSarmatian, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Magil

Magil Monarch

My problem with the Joint Wars is that it seems over half the time neither of the instigators actually attack. We just kinda sit around until the peace cooldown time wears off.

2. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

How is that different to bribing an AI in civ5 (except some hardcore warmongers like Shaka who already had an army ready)? ^^

3. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Sometimes they come, sometimes they don't.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. Magil

Magil Monarch

I'm having a hard time remembering how effective this was in Civ V, but presumably one party or the other did something or else you wouldn't pay them to do it :p

I usually keep a token defense force. But the most recent Joint War dec I had was from two Civs who didn't even border me, and it was too early to really make a credible naval invasion.

5. Starwars

Starwars Chieftain

I'm using this mod with my current game and it appears to be working as normal. Haven't noticed anything wonky with it at least.

6. Mojo85

Mojo85 Chieftain

With R&F? If so then Perfect, will redownlod it and give it a go again

7. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

Seems like the tables have turned, it's payback time! :ar15:

Cedbird77 and agonistes like this.
  8. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

AI seems to have eliminated at least half of the city-states in my current game and it's just the medieval era. I wish they'd let them stick around a little longer.

leandrombraz likes this.
  9. Starwars

Starwars Chieftain

Yep, with R&F!

10. Mojo85

Mojo85 Chieftain

Get the City States spawn with walls mod and you’ll eliminate the problem, it makes the game much more playable imo. It doesn’t make it impossible obviously but it’s great to have city states to compete against in the mid to late game (envoy wars etc)

anatoliy and agonistes like this.
  11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I have no problem with them attacking when it makes sense. But either diplomacy matters or it doesn't Firaxis. Declared friends shouldn't be declaring on us after the friendship ended and the becoming friends again after the war ends. I'm fine with the joint wars and won't disable them, but we just want diplomacy to actually matter (though I'd be okay with a random civ per game being a backstabber).

Thormodr, pietro1990 and leandrombraz like this.
  12. pgm123

pgm123 Chieftain

My understanding is that people did it so that the AI wouldn't attack them. You'd basically get the AI to move all their units as far away as possible so you can then swoop in.

13. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Chieftain

I just got a surprise war declaration for the first time in forever, but it was an early age. That's been the only war declaration so far. Meanwhile I've been bordering chaundragupta for millenia and though he hates me for it, won't attack me.

14. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

I wonder it is really an improvement since he certainly devoted too much resource to build such a campus, which slow down his other progress. I myself will never do that.

15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I can confirm it works.

16. plus

plus Chieftain

confirmed it works with r&f.

17. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Chieftain

AI espionage is much smarter now I feel. If you go for a science victory, they will send a lot of spies to mess around your spaceport, industrial zone and campus. Didn't really happen before.

Thormodr likes this.
  18. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Chieftain

I am glad to report that AI can actually win an emergency.
    AI Macedon captured CS Kumasi. China and me (Arabia) were invited to participate in CS Emergency. I was on the other side of the map, and China was the one beside (west of) Kumasi. Macedon was on the east of the city state. China and I were Friendly, so I anticipated that China will participate.

China immediately prepared Horsemen. Macedon, ready with their Hetairoi. I was just watching because I was so far from them. Few turns later, China decided to attack the city state, completely ignoring the Hetairoi distractions. Couple of turns later, China had successfully liberated the city state.

Image below: China (red) at the upper part of the map, me (Arabia, yellow) at the left end of the map.

Spoiler :
    Inked20180210142044_1_a.jpg

Spoiler :
    20180210142050_1.jpg

agonistes, Ondolindë and Thormodr like this.
  19. malekithau

malekithau Chieftain

Much heavier use of corps and armies making older units very tough, Pike and shot armies are hard.

Thormodr likes this.
  20. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I didn't see it because it was in a continent I didn't find yet but the AI completed a emergency in my game too. It probably was a CS emergency, it was early in the game.

sonicmyst likes this.