AI improving tiles OUTSIDE their borders?!

ense7en

n7
edit: my bad, there were city ruins there meaning cities had been razed.

I've never seen this until today, but i discovered various AI had improved tiles OUTSIDE their borders.
These were NOT due to previous wars either (where a city was razed and the improved tiles remain).

AI had improved luxs, strategics resources, and regular tiles, and my units were able to pillage them for gold!

Save is attached, and here are some screenshots:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Haile Selassie_0092 BC-0575.Civ5Save
    839.5 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for taking the time to report this situation and attach screenshots and a save game.

Looking at your save file, I see three improved tiles that are currently outside any borders. Near Yaroslavl' there is a plantation on incense and a pillaged mine on a hill. However, a city ruins lies directly southeast of Yaroslavl'. The two tiles in question could conceivably once have been within this former city's borders. The same is true of the plantation that you pillaged to the east of Yaroslavl'.

There's also a plantation on a cow near Hunnic territory. Again, there's a city ruins underneath a nearby battering ram. These improved tiles aren't conclusive proof that the AI improved tiles outside its territory. Are there any other examples in the game?

plantation on a cow

Oh, so THAT'S what they did with cows in the old days :lol:

I agree with Petek. I think some of the confusion may be that the AI rarely(never?) razes cities except for Atilla, who has a very high propensity to do so. Therefore, this situation isn't seen very often and can look pretty weird..

I'm a fool.

There are indeed ruins of cities by by of those spots.

I guess Attila went on a rampage earlier.

I initially didn't see either, but after loading up that save again i see them.

Top Bottom