AI incredibly aggressive in early game (King Difficulty)

Solidirio

Chieftain
So i started playing in this pieze of land sorrounded by the Siam, Incas and Aztecs with the random personalities and transparent diplo option. Things where going pretty smooth and everyone did seem to have good relations with me, but a few turns after i started barely building the Oracle wonder around 3 or 4 civs around me declared war on me on the same turn, and ever since then they havent stopped trying to take my city, for no apparent reason.

Is this a common behavior or maybe a bug with the mod?

Attachments

• btl.png
    btl.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 138
Aztecs are a notoriously aggressive civ. You had no military and no real cities, so they tried to wipe you out. Seems like its working correctly to me, you can't be buildign wonders when you are surrounded on all sides, ESPECIALLY against the Aztecs.

Aztecs are a notoriously aggressive civ. You had no military and no real cities, so they tried to wipe you out. Seems like its working correctly to me, you can't be buildign wonders when you are surrounded on all sides, ESPECIALLY against the Aztecs.
i was playing with random personalities so they dont have to be as aggresive as they use to, also i dont know how common is for 4 civs to jump on me out of nowhere when we`ve all had decent relationships before. I can only assume is because they saw a good opportunity to take an easy city, even tho i had no wonders nor nothing yet.

Tbh i quite like the challenge this implies but is still confusing

So i started playing in this pieze of land sorrounded by the Siam, Incas and Aztecs with the random personalities and transparent diplo option. Things where going pretty smooth and everyone did seem to have good relations with me, but a few turns after i started barely building the Oracle wonder around 3 or 4 civs around me declared war on me on the same turn, and ever since then they havent stopped trying to take my city, for no apparent reason.

Is this a common behavior or maybe a bug with the mod?
Were you trying to play "One city challenge" ? :)

You're simply too weak thus making everyone more likely to DoW on you. In Civ there's no "protectorate" personality like a lot of other 4x with diplomacy so if you're weak you're gonna get invaded.

You're simply too weak thus making everyone more likely to DoW on you. In Civ there's no "protectorate" personality like a lot of other 4x with diplomacy so if you're weak you're gonna get invaded.
I understand, is just that ive never before had 4 civs declare war on me in the same turn, after they all had good relations with me lol, also i just f* died but gave a good fight

When playing with one city (or 2-3) - capture and burn all neighboring AI cities. It requires the most extensive space from the borders to your cities, on which you can maneuver the army. You need a lot, a lot of land so that the troops can retreat and heal, because the loss of 1 out of 3 cities is much more painful than the loss of 1 city out of 10-15.

Also, don't wait until the AI decides to declare war on you - when it's ready to do so, it's unlikely you'll be able to stop it without a lot of effort. Declare war yourself in advance, even if your army is weaker.

A dangerous neighbor needs to declare wars on schedule and stretch them out as long as possible - 50-70 turns, until the population starts to rebel. As soon as the truce is over, we start a new campaign. This allows you to conclude a truce in those moments when another empire decides to attack you and there is no desire to fight on two fronts at the same time. Your neighbors should curse you for being near them. Make friends with those who are very far away and have no common borders with you. They won't even think of declaring war on you because of border friction.

Also, the more often you fight, the more Great Generals you have with which you can build Citadels. AI is very bad at fighting Citadels. One Citadel with 1-2 units (swordsman + archer) in a good bottleneck is able to block the entire enemy army.

Top Bottom