AI is far too generous when you make Declaration of War proposals

Bryan317

Prince
The value of these proposals is WAY too high. Especially if there is no real concern or benefit for causing damage to the opposing civ. The AI will literally give you hundreds of gold per turn. I have seen the AI offering over 33,000 trade value. I find this especially exploitable if you were going to war with the opposing civilization anyways.

Example (Deity/Marathon): I am second strongest civ and the leader (Spain) has nearly completed a deal where they have given me +144 gold per turn for war with Morroco. As well as second deal for war with Korea for 4 of their last and only luxuries. Now Songhai will give me +244 to enter a war with Korea and I plan to attack anyways. All of these deals could be even larger if they had more to offer. We're talking still 8, 000 points in value that could be spent.

I was tempted to screenshot the new deal because these two civs could literally not be further apart. We're talking opposite sides of the world and it's ridiculous for them to give me that much money to invade someone not bothering them at all.

I just feel the value is too much. I'd even go as far to say that declaration of war agreements should require a declaration of friendship. But that may be going a bit too far.

I'm not exactly sure how much this makes the civilization paying you angry. But I know maintaining a large army will probably deter them from backstabbing you. Raking in hundreds of gold per turn from civs will definitely help build your army lol

Last edited:
Ok technically Songhai backstabbed me after 5 or 6 turns (I would hope they would for deity level) but 1500 or so gold was still worth it for a war I was planning anyways. Hilariously it was Korea that brokered the war lol. Spain has maintained these agreements though. Despite having a much larger army than me for the entire time. We have opposing religions and large borders right next to each other. They've swung back and forth between hostile and guarded. But never invaded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom