1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] AI is not building campuses (or theatre squares)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by LionelNashe, Aug 4, 2020.

1. LionelNashe

LionelNashe Chieftain

For this current game, I unchecked the 'science victory' condition. The only other thing I did different was that in the previous sessions, I experimented with different game speeds for the first time. Now, playing on the Prince difficulty level as Kongo, standard speed, with small map size, on Pangea, I notice after 160 turns that none of the civs are building campuses, apart from a couple of city-states. There are no theatre square districts either. Just encampments, wonders, holy sites. It has kind of ruined the game. There's no point in continuing when I have 3 times as much science and culture as those chumps. Any idea what went wrong here? Is there a file or a setting I can check?

2. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Like how late in the game are you? Even under normal conditions the AI prioritizes HS and encampments. With SV unchecked they're not going to dump as much effort into campuses. Theaters tend to be later for AI as well since they're unlocked later.

3. Finvola

Finvola Where's my pie?

Are you using any mods?

4. LionelNashe

LionelNashe Chieftain

I was 160 turns into the game when I posted. Now 190. No mods.

I've just entered the Industrial era in the tech tree, and 4 of the 5 AI civs are at the beginning of the medieval era. Now, I did build campuses as soon as I could, so maybe I should have a bit of a lead in science, but even so I'd expect some of them to have at least 1 campus. If it keeps going like this I'm going to driving tanks through their medieval walls in no time.

It's hard to believe that it's supposed to be like this. For example, I am the only one earning Great Scientist points. I turned down Hildegard of Bingen because I didn't want what she was offering, and now the Great Scientist progression is halted because there is nobody else who can claim her.

5. xaiviax

xaiviax Chieftain Supporter

It can be that none of the other civ's are science focused at all. And there's a reason there are four higher difficulties.

6. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Yea that's just a thing in vanilla sadly.

7. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Bump up the difficulty a couple notches.

8. Infixo

Infixo Deity