AI is worse than civ V!

I have a better idea. Let's make 1000 threads about the terrible AI :lol:
AI is worse than Civ V? Show some evidence, e.g. same situation where Civ V acts better than Civ VI. I'm not seeing it, but am willing to be persuaded. Otherwise it just smacks of, "I can't play for ****".
The AI in Civ V upgrades its units. It also can attack and take cities. It does build an air force and uses it. Have you seen these things happen in Civ VI? I haven't yet. And that is just the military AI. CiV VI at this point is worse than vanilla Civ V imo. The AI is a mess all around. I cannot wait for a patch. I am hoping the more Firaxis reads comments like this and takes notes the faster they'll begin to fix things.

I am hoping the more Firaxis reads comments like this and takes notes the faster they'll begin to fix things.

I think they have known about most issues without reading anything. Anyways...

Ive been paying since CIV 1 and this is the worse I've seen it.
AI forward settles your capital and then complains about units on their borders???
AI can't defend its own cities
AI can' take a city
If you join a war you will still get denounced by the AI you have joined in battle. This is plain illogical, and as a programmer I know this is just poor programming there is very little logic here
AI doesn't upgrade units
All the AIs hate each other so makes no difference if they hate you as well
They don't combine there old units into corps or armies
Some AI complain you too big and strong and they fear you and they not even on the same continent ( Greece )
Spain says you are doing well with money ( I have 200 gold ) A few turns later he says I am struggling with money I now have 1000 gold ??? Does this mean they just randomly say things to you. It sure looks like it
I have joined both Gandhi and Scythia in war yet they denounce me as well I find this pathetic
The game is no challenge there is no fear factor. You know the AI is never going to take your cities you know you will soon out tech the AI. You know you will just pass them in culture because you can easily steal there great works. You know they will never build inquisitors so just convert their cities with holy districts and they will spam your units. So how does the AI win???? I was often beaten in all the other CIv's I have yet to loose or even restart in CIv 6. I want a challenge I want it to be hard on deity.

AI needs a complete re-work in this no matter what you do they hate you. they hate you for having a different government, no ships, no culture and other bs. they say thanks for keeping the peace than attack you out of nowhere a few turns later (Roosevelt!.) Egypt and Norway are far by the worst to deal with.

no matter what you do your at war very early in the game and trade with them is near impossible!

didn't think it was possible but the AI in civ VI is worse than CIV V :mad:

When you look at the history of the world... The AI seems pretty realistic.

When you look at the history of the world... The AI seems pretty realistic.

Can you provide me with one instance in world history where someone joined someone in battle and they got denounced by the person they joined when they joined the war

Also... as someone else said... yes the AI is pretty bad, but, compared to V vanilla? C'mon.

Comparing BNW which took 3 years to complete to a game that has been out for about a week.

VI is far, far, far better a game than V was at launch - FAR - better.

If you think this AI is braindead, you should have seen Civ 5 at launch without those rose-tinted glasses. This is bad. That was worse. WAY worse.

I've been seeing a lot of CIV-1 players recently, all of a sudden like. :lol:

It was bad in civ v but at least the ai built boats and planes and upgraded their units. Civ has always been bad on release but it really looks like they ran out of time and it shows

It was bad in civ v but at least the ai built boats and planes and upgraded their units. Civ has always been bad on release but it really looks like they ran out of time and it shows

Are you sure you are playing high level?
Cause I am doing a war on deity right now and we started with archers and warriors, and AI has now xbow and swordsman and even build support unit...

You cant complain that AI si bad playing at easy.

The AI in Civ VI is brain dead. It's poor on military tactics, diplomacy and internal administration. Is it worse than Civ V at launch? Probably yes which says something as Civ V AI at launch was c**p. It's obvious Firaxis/2K don't respect the civ community enough to invest in a decent AI. And maybe they're right? If people still buy the game for the slick graphics anyway maybe they're doing the right think for their business model. Leaves true civ fanatics in the lurch.

Maybe we shouldn't start talking about "true" civ fanatics. All of us want to have fun with CiVI... some found it, some don't. Does not mean that all those who are having fun already just fall for slick graphics.

I'm playing on deity. Once you get past the first phase the game is too easy. I lost on deity in civ v now and then and in civ iv often
Ai leaves cities undefended etc

Top Bottom