1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AI Just Sits on Their Great Artists?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by steveg700, Jan 2, 2018.

1. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

I've played a couple games recently, using my standard configuration random huge map. Rolled up Gorgo and prioritized acropolises (acropoli?). Still not the leader in cultural victory, but oddly no other civ seems to have any works of art to trade. Kind of annoying, because I actually got two sculptors, and they're tough to build themed museums around.

I know some opponents have the requisite tech, and they're certainly recruiting. Does the AI just sit on them? They don't even seem to be using amphitheaters, as they only have one work of great writing (the palace slot, presumably). And they build wonders that have slots as well, yet they go unused too.

Compounding the oddity is that I frequently get requests to trade a work of writing. Since these don't contribute to a theming bonus, not sure why the AI is programmed to press for them.

Anyone tracked this weird behavior?

2. I_pity_the_fool

I_pity_the_fool Chieftain

Have you checked to see if they've recruited any artists?

3. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

Oh, they have. They just don't have any great works showing up in the trade window.

4. liv

liv Warlord

I have played games where no theatre squares were built and therefore very few of the great writers etc were claimed. Otherwise they probably use them I think as a rule

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Writing is powerful early culture stuff and the AI is programmed to take it where it can but seems not to always convert artists, especially if they have built archaeological museums. TBH, great artists are a waste of time and you should get archaeology out there, its much more powerful.