AI minor wonders

Siegmund

King
Do they ever build them?

I have investigated my fair share of cities prior to starting wars, and seen a variety of improvements in AI cities, but I have never "caught them in the act" of building or possessing a Forbidden Palace or any of the other small wonders. The "each civ may build its own" wording in the manual certainly implies they ought to be able to....

A poster in another thread, on tech reseach, commented on how the FP "could even overcome the Diety tech penalty" because it doubled your capability -- implying the AI is not going to ever do the same. I do sometimes see a huge upswing in an AI's histograph score -- but usually there is an obvious cause, either a war in progress or recent completion of the Pyramids.

It would make a good SOTD if someone sees the AI building a minor wonder sometime.

I found an AI civ building a forbiden palace before. Several times actually. Often it is right next to their capital in a bad spot.

Ive had the AI built a FP on my border. It had just built a wonder.
V.handy. Plus it had v.stong cultural borders cos of the FP.

What DaveMcW meant about the FP was that in an ideal location with a large enough fully improved civ you can overcome the penalty cos you have so many more people working more efficiently.

Originally posted by h4ppy
I found an AI civ building a forbiden palace before. Several times actually. Often it is right next to their capital in a bad spot.
...and sometimes, the FP is even next to the Palace itself (because of free Palace jump): :eek:sabo's shot
HE is built, too. The AI seem to "like" to build HE ASAP, I've sometimes spotted it in a capital city when opening an embassy in the bc years.
Then, they like Apollo, of course.
Once I have seen "Battlefield Medicine" (already built) during city investigation.

Top Bottom