AI not using Gatherers in Eternity

nliv007

Chieftain
Playing on eternity speed and I am noticing that most of the AI cities in the prehistoric era have gatherers sitting in them and not working while there are tiles in the city radius needing improved. Any reason this is happening? Is it something to do with the eternity speed setting?

It really hampers the AI early on and makes the game easy, even at the higher difficulty levels.

How late are you into the prehistoric era? I ask that because gatherers in the beginning can't do much so they stay put at the city.

This is on the latest SVN and I have gotten about halfway through the prehistoric era

OK, I asked because my answer is dependant on that. You'll find that gatherers are used with some reluctance by the AI due to the fact that they are sacrificed when they improve things. Thus, they'll only use them when the population needs another improved plot. Sometimes they are held up by threats in the area as well.

All that said, throughout a number of games I haven't seen them being completely paralyzed, just used with some conservative motivations.

Top Bottom